Problem with macOS Sierra Spaces and PD

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Jigs Gaton, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Jigs Gaton

Jigs Gaton Product Expert

Strange problem with the introduction of Sierra / High Sierra: no matter what settings in Mission control, I get this:

PD snafu.png

So PD always takes up TWO desktops, one blank/black. Swiping back and forth is just frustrating.... is there a fix? thx!!!
    Jigs

2. Jigs Gaton

Ps. In the screen-cap above, Sierra is running in Desktop 1, and a PD Windows VM is taking up the other two desktops.

3. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @Jigs Gaton,
    Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac supports only native macOS Full Screen mode. After the upgrade to Parallels Desktop 12 your virtual machine is now using the native macOS full screen mode.
    Any other application on a Mac will behave the same way: after entering full screen with the external monitor attached, the image on external display will be black. This is the native macOS behavior, see this article to know more details.

4. Jigs Gaton

thx Paul. Maybe the screenshot is not relevant to my problem then - there is just something really funky going on when swiping left and right to the VM (from one desktop to another, if one desktop contains the VM). hard to describe!

5. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @Jigs Gaton, we have sent you a private message. Please check and let us know if it helps.

6. Jigs Gaton

Hi there Paul, thx for the note. Did not see the private message, but I am using V13 now. There are new problems there (minor) but I am now using Coherence now that it's working grand in V13 and Sierra. I think I'll give up on Full Screen now... I prefer coherence anyway :)