FYI: macOS 10.13 Beta 4 (17A315) will not let PD12 run

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MikhailT1, Jul 24, 2017.

1. MikhailT1

MikhailT1 Member

I don't know if this is a bug in macOS or they changed how kexts are permitted starting with macOS 10.13 B4.

Here's the console log:

service[8670]: Kext rejected due to insecure location: <OSKext 0x7fc14a518e50 [0x7fffb0590260]> { URL = "prl_hypervisor.kext/ -- file:///Applications/Parallels%20Desktop.app/Contents/Library/Extensions/10.9/", ID = "com.parallels.kext.hypervisor" }

Rejecting invalid/inauthentic kext for bundle id com.parallels.kext.hypervisor at location prl_hypervisor.kext/ -- file:///Applications/Parallels%20Desktop.app/Contents/Library/Extensions/10.9/.

/Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/Library/Extensions/10.9/prl_netbridge.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.parallels.kext.hypervisor.

Rejecting invalid/inauthentic kext for bundle id com.parallels.kext.hypervisor at location prl_hypervisor.kext/ -- file:///Applications/Parallels%20Desktop.app/Contents/Library/Extensions/10.9/.

/Library/StagedExtensions/Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/Library/Extensions/10.9/prl_netbridge.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.parallels.kext.hypervisor.

Rejecting invalid/inauthentic kext for <...>​

2. RickyI

RickyI Bit poster

I can second this (bug?). Not working here as well. I tried to uninstall and reinstall PD12, no luck...

3. MikhailT1

MikhailT1 Member

It is likely a bug in macOS 10.13 b4 (I've reported this to Apple) or Apple has changed the requirements for Kexts.

For now, you can work around this by disabling SIP in macOS and Parallels will work.

Note, other products like Parallels have the same issue, so this is not a bug in Parallels.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Yes MikhailT1, as macOS High Sierra is not officially released it is not supported by us. You are right, disabling System Integrity Protection might make Parallels Desktop work.
    Follow these steps to disable SIP:
    1. Restart your Mac.
    2. Before OS X starts up, hold down Command-R and keep it held down until you see an Apple icon and a progress bar. Release. This boots you into Recovery.
    3. From the Utilities menu, select Terminal.
    4. At the prompt type exactly the following and then press Return: csrutil disable
    5. Terminal should display a message that SIP was disabled.
    6. From the menu, select Restart.
    You can re-enable SIP by following the above steps, but using csrutil enable instead.

5. DannyP1

DannyP1 Bit poster

Thank you MikhailT1 for solution and Ajith for steps to implement. Parallels 12 was reporting Network cable unplugged, regardless of what I tried. Disabling SIP fixed the problem.

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @DannyP1, you're welcome! Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help! Thanks!

7. HenryJ2

HenryJ2 Bit poster

Will the instructions above help me if I can't seem to get past the "To run virtual machines, please allow the Parallels components to load on your Mac." The phrase about "Parallels, Inc" doesn't appear in Security & Privacy > General.

Attached Files:

8. KatiaF

KatiaF Bit poster

An easier and more secure solution is to revert to Parallels 12.2.0

9. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @HenryJ2, have you tried this steps to resolve the issue? If not, please try and keep us posted the results.

10. HenryJ2

HenryJ2 Bit poster

Thank you very much to MikhailT1 and Ajith. The solution that they suggested worked and I now have Parallels Version 12.2.1 (41615) installed on macOS 10.13 Beta (17A315i).

11. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @HenryJ2, you're welcome! Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help! Thanks!

12. HowardD2

HowardD2 Junior Member

Can kindly inform me from where I can download the earlier version you mention?
    Much appreciate your help.

13. HowardD2

HowardD2 Junior Member

14. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

We are always here to help you!

15. HowardD2

HowardD2 Junior Member

That you have. May I ask if there is an ETA for update that takes into account the bug developed with 10.13 beta 4?

16. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @HowardD2 We do not have ETA. We are closely working with Apple on providing official support for High Sierra. We recommend you to wait for an update of Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac that will be available with High Sierra. Subscribe to http://kb.parallels.com/en/123948 to know when a new update is available.

17. HowardD2

HowardD2 Junior Member

Noted with thanks.

18. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

You're Welcome! Thanks for your understanding.

19. HowardD2

HowardD2 Junior Member

I can report that OS X 10.13 Beta (17A330h) works with Version 12.2.1 (41615) and there is no need for a roll back.