Toolbox will not launch

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by SheldonD, Aug 6, 2017.

1. SheldonD

SheldonD Member

Active license using 12.2.1. Before update toolbox was working. Eventually I used activity monitor to force quit and un-install. After restart, utility asked if I wanted to download and install toolbox. Repeated process with no success, please advise.

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @SheldonD , Please check this article and let us know if that helps. If you any error message? Please help us with the screenshots.

NgocN likes this.
  3. SheldonD

SheldonD Member

I did follow the install directions in the kb. No luck, uninstalled again and re-installed according to instructions. No error msgs. After install, Toolbox does show up in finder/applications. Toolbox does show up in activity monitor and I am able to quit. The application appears to be present but does not open. Tried shutting down my anti-virus and attempting to install with v/m shut down too.

NgocN likes this.
  4. Arun@Parallels

Hi @SheldonD , please quit Toolbox. Perform first aid on your Mac and check for i/o errors in system logs on your Mac. Please restart your Mac and check if that helps.

5. SheldonD

SheldonD Member

I assume that you mean First Aid via the disk utility? If so I did what was suggested and no results. I would note that when I view contents of the Toolbox application, I see the individual applications in the folder. I can launch an individual tool/application but the "overall application" will not launch. Any more ideas?

NgocN likes this.
  6. ShawnS3

ShawnS3 Bit poster

I'm having the same issue described above. I've performed First Aid, it didn't resolve the issue and can launch the individual tool / applications but not the "over all" application that normally resides in the tool bar. I look forward to the resolution.

7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi SheldonD and ShawnS3,

Please try the following and check:
    1. Terminate Parallels Toolbox process via Activity Monitor
    2. Use the following in Terminal:
    rm -rf ~/Library/Application Support/com.parallels.toolbox
    3. Restart the Mac.
    4. Restart Parallels Toolbox.

8. SheldonD

SheldonD Member

Ajith, need to be clear on command to be run in Terminal. Are we to go Terminal>New Command>Run in Shell. Close Terminal>Restart Mac>Open Toolbox? If so, still no success. What next?

9. Arun@Parallels

Hi @SheldonD , please follow the below steps and let us know if that works.
    1. Quit (Force Quit) Parallels Toolbox via Activity Monitor
    2. Open Terminal and executesudo rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.parallels.toolbox
    3. Download and install Toolbox 1.7.0 - http://www.parallels.com/directdownload/toolbox/

10. RobertD8

RobertD8 Bit poster

I have the same issue and and followed these instructions but it did not correct it.
    Any other suggestions?

11. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Guys, can you please reproduce the issue, locate and compress system.log and send it to us?
    Open Console.app > right-click on system.log on the left sidebar > Reveal in Finder > right-click on system.log in Finder > Compress "system.log" > send it to cs@parallels.com mentioning the forum thread name in message subject.
    This will significantly help us to investigate the issue.

12. scrags

scrags Bit poster

I am having the same issue. Toolbox no longer shows up in the toolbar. Double click icon in Applications folder - nothing. Used Activity Monitor to quit, then went to Preferences/Users/Login Items and deleted. Dragged app to the trash and emptied. Restarted. Reinstalled. Nothing. Not sure when this happened but very recently. Running OS 10.12.6. Please help!

13. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Please reproduce the issue, locate and compress system.log and send it to us?
    Open Console.app > right-click on system.log on the left sidebar > Reveal in Finder > right-click on system.log in Finder > Compress "system.log" > send it to cs@parallels.com mentioning the forum thread name in message subject.
    This will significantly help us to investigate the issue.

14. Same problem as others have shared the past few days re Toolbox not showing up on menu and not responding to "open" command in Parallels Preferences...
    This only just occurred in the past day or two, because I remember using the Toolbox over the weekend.

OS X 10.10.5
    Parallels 12.2.1

I just now sent an email to cs@parallels.com with my compressed systems log.

... bob nielsen

15. BarbaraG1

BarbaraG1 Bit poster

Same problems as above. Done all the suggested fixes. No results. This was a recent happening for me too. Just the last couple of days. Any idea when this is going to be resolved?

16. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @BarbaraG1 Have you followed the below steps?
    1. Quit (Force Quit) Parallels Toolbox via Activity Monitor
    2. Open Terminal and executesudo rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.parallels.toolbox
    3. Restart the Mac
    4. Download and install Toolbox 1.7.0 - http://www.parallels.com/directdownload/toolbox/

17. Shouldn't the 2nd step include a space between "execute" and "sudo"... and is the "\ " accurate or should it be "/ "??

I ask because I do not want to mess up my Mac because of an incorrect command.

18. Arun@Parallels

Hi @RL_Nielsen , yes there should be a space between "execute" and "Sudo" . Thank you for letting us know. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

19. StaceyE

StaceyE Bit poster

I am also having EXACTLY the same problem and it started just a few days ago. I've tried all the above suggestions and nothing works. Toolbox does not appear on the top bar. Toolbox is in the Applications folder. Clicking on it does nothing. If I open the Toolbox main folder and click on the individual tools, they work.

20. RobertD8

RobertD8 Bit poster

Hey - we need a fix here. It's been many days....