Parallels Tools under Fedora 26

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by Mark Fine, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Mark Fine

Mark Fine Pro

Not sure if this is related to the problem under Ubuntu (am using Xorg 1.19.3), but:
    I just updated to Fedora 26 this morning.
    Upon first boot, I got the following popup message: "Some of the required kernel modules are missing. To solve this problem, please try to reinstall Parallel Tools using the Virtual Machine menu."
    Looking around, all network and graphics/pointer seems to work.
    Issue seems to surround the filesystem compatibility portion. There were no mounted volumes on the desktop (e.g., Home (Mac) or my external backup disk), just the usual folder icon linked to psf that Tools creates.
    When you go to update Parallels Tools, the mounted volumes appear and will work as long as Nautilus or Nemo is running in the background.
    However, when you reboot, the desktop icons are missing again and the message suggesting to reinstall Parallels Tools re-appears.
    The can be replicated under Gnome, Cinnamon or KDE desktops.

This isn't a serious issue as it ultimately just restricts moving files between Host and Guest OSes.

2. Mark Fine

Mark Fine Pro

So upon checking the logs only the ToolsGate module (prl_tg) is loading.
    Neither the Network (prl_eth), Shared Folders (prl_fs), nor Filesystem Freeze (prl_fs_freeze) modules are loading, although they are certainly built.

3. Mark Fine

Mark Fine Pro

Desktop 13.0.0 (42936) solves all of this... Thanks guys.

4. HeikkiL

HeikkiL Member

Hi Mark, reviving an old thread here: based on your experience, would you say it's safe to update my guest OS from Fedora 25 to 26, if I'm on Parallels 13?

5. Mark Fine

Mark Fine Pro

Absolutely. Fedora 26 runs fine on Parallels 13.

HeikkiL likes this.