Anybody found the so called Touch Bar Wizard?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MortenL, Aug 22, 2017.

1. MortenL

MortenL Bit poster

In the advertising for PD 13 it states that you can add your own windows applications to the touch bar through something called the Touch Bar Wizard.
    Where in the world do i find this? :D

2. richfbrown

richfbrown Member

I can't find it either.

3. MarkM7

MarkM7 Member

Yeah where is it - this was one of the reasons I purchased version PD 13.

4. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi guys, please use this article to configure Touch Bar for a Windows program: http://kb.parallels.com/en/124268
    Let me know if everything is OK with the program you want to configure Touch Bar for.
    We did our best to support every Windows program, but considering the variety of them..

5. richfbrown

richfbrown Member

I don't see any built in support, the touch bar only has function keys. I also don't see a Customize Touch Bar... menu item under View

PeterW14 likes this.
  6. Dmitry@Parallels

This is interesting.. Can you please send a technical report via Help menu > Send Technical Data...
    Please post the report ID here.

7. richfbrown

richfbrown Member

OK, the ID is 207089412

8. richfbrown

richfbrown Member

And I was just sent the same link that you sent above.

9. PeterW14

PeterW14 Bit poster

Same for me. No visible support.
    Also noted that there is no documentation for the Touch Bar features in the Desktop 13 'updated' manual.

10. Dmitry@Parallels

Thank you! I see that you're running Windows 7, you supposed to have Touch Bar support for at least Windows Explorer and browsers (Chrome, IE, etc). Microsoft Office programs are supported in Windows 10 only.
    Also, the 'Customize Touch Bar...' option should be available in View menu of the virtual machine. Am I right that you simply don't have it there?

11. PeterW14

PeterW14 Bit poster

Correct. Not visible in the view settings menu of any Office 2016 App or Windows-10 services you've listed.

12. richfbrown

richfbrown Member

That is correct, I do not have the Customize Touch Bar option in the View Menu. See the attached screenshot.

Attached Files:

13. MortenL

MortenL Bit poster

I just noticed that the Customize Touch Bar is not available in Coherence. Need to exit out of it the see the option.

14. StanislavZ

StanislavZ Hunter

Please make sure Parallels Desktop and any shared apps are not set to display Function keys in System Preferences - Keyboard - Shortcuts - Function Keys.
    If there are, remove them (using "-") and restart Parallels Desktop.

While in Coherence, you may customise touchbar via activating corresponding Windows shared app and selecting View - Customize Touch Bar...

Attached Files:

15. richfbrown

richfbrown Member

I removed Parallels from the System Preferences - Keyboard - Shortcuts - Function Keys and restarted Parallels, but I still do not see the View - Customize Touch Bar... menu item.

16. Dmitry@Parallels

@richfbrown, is there a chance we could take a look at this situation remotely?

17. richfbrown

richfbrown Member

We can schedule a time to do that. I do see that I am now getting the default Touch Bar icons for the VM (task bar buttons) and for Windows Explorer, but I still don't see the View - Customize Touch Bar... menu item. On another note, Coherence does not seem to be working properly, as the various windows/apps within Parallels will not come to the foreground when clicked. Coherence worked fine before installing Parallels 13.

18. richfbrown

richfbrown Member

Another observation: When in Coherence mode, I can see the View - Customize Touch Bar... menu item for individual Windows apps I am using. As stated above, though, Coherence mode is not usable as windows do not get focus when clicked on.

19. Dmitry@Parallels

Thank you for your cooperation, I will create a ticket and we will contact further you via email.

20. PeterW14

PeterW14 Bit poster

Removing Parallels Desktop from Function Keys setting and restarting Parallels --- did the trick. Thanks.