After upgrading to Parallels 13, my iMac display won 't sleep!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Ahwman, Aug 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ahwman

Ahwman Junior Member

IMG_2256.jpg Everything was working fine in Parallels 12, prior to upgrading to Parallels 13. Now after the upgrade, my display on my iMac will no longer sleep which has me very concerned as it was on the entire day yesterday! If I close Parallels Desktop, my display once again sleeps properly. I've attached a screenshot of the results of running "pmset -g" from a command line and it clearly show the same Parallels process listed several times.

2. StanislavZ

StanislavZ Hunter

Thanks for reporting the issue. We're working on a fix.

To work issue around, uncheck 'Allow apps to auto-switch to full screen' in VM config - Options - Applications.

3. StanislavZ

StanislavZ Hunter

You must also restart Parallels Desktop after unchecking the option.

4. Ahwman

Ahwman Junior Member

That seemed to do the trick. Thank you!

5. RaminS2

RaminS2 Bit poster

same issue for me , after upgrade from ver 12 to 13 , regardless of setting on energy saver Manu , Mac screen can't turn off ( Mac , latest 15" model , 16GM ram , dedicated GPU , Mac OS Sierra , VM OS windows 10 , latest update , )

6. CallMeDblOSeven

CallMeDblOSeven Bit poster

Thank you StanislavZ! I am running an up-to-date installation of Yosemite 10.10.5 on a 2014 Macbook Pro, and the quick fix seems to work for me. I will let you know if I encounter any apparent side-effects.

7. BradL2

BradL2 Bit poster

I have been experiencing the same bug, I will try the above suggestion.

8. BradL2

BradL2 Bit poster

OK it did not work for me.

9. VincentD1

VincentD1 Bit poster

Did not work for me, and I just did the hot fix to Parallels 13 and when Parallels tools runs it fails and kills the windows 10 environment. I tried to install the original version of P13 and that appears to now default to the hot fix so I now can't use windows 10. Looks like people are going back to P12 to get windows running again, what crap.

10. JesseS1

JesseS1 Bit poster

Did not work for me either. This is an annoying and unacceptable bug.