Parallels 13, High Sierra: What works, what are known limitations?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by tinue-, Aug 22, 2017.

1. tinue-

tinue- Bit poster

Now that Parallels is "Ready for macOS High Sierra", what can I expect to work? I try to install the 10.13 beta (Developer Beta 7) from scratch to a new VM. The image creation step works now, and then the installer boots. I can select the language, but that's it, I can't get any further.

When I click on "Install macOS" and "Continue", the "Continue" button turns gray, but nothing further happens. The VM is not hung up, because I can still select menu items etc, but the installation does not start.

So I am wondering: What exactly is supported at this time?

Thanks! Martin

2. GordonS3

GordonS3 Bit poster

Hi Martin,
    I installed High Sierra beta 6 from a flash drive on Parallels 13 and it installed okay, but it is very, very slow once installed. I'm still experimenting...

3. tinue-

tinue- Bit poster

Hi Gordon,
    Thanks, that's pretty much what I got with the latest Parallels 12 that I tried. I was hoping that Parallels 13 is now much better, but in my case it seems to be worse.

4. GordonS3

GordonS3 Bit poster

I finally got one to work, the developer version beta 7, macOS 10.13 (17A352a) and it's using the apfs. It was also installed from a flashdrive, the slowness is gone and I'm working through which software is working with the new file system.

5. tinue-

tinue- Bit poster

Strange, that's the one I tried as well. Did you perform an upgrade installation? I tried to install to a fresh virtual hard drive.

6. BALLESTEROS

BALLESTEROS Bit poster

I'm currently testing the Parallels 13 version (as a trial at this time) with the latest High Sierra beta from a fresh install, and at this point the VM is very very slow.

Also, I installed Atom and when I open no matter what file, the Atom windows is white and I can't use it.

I'm looking forward for a next update as I use a macOS VM to make a lot of tests on the company where I work.

7. rkulikov

rkulikov Parallels Developers