Missing C drive in Volumes After Parallels 13 Install

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JimM10, Aug 22, 2017.

1. JimM10

JimM10 Bit poster

I have 2 Windows 10 VM's. After Parallels update from 12 I no longer have the shared windows drive available from finder. Really need this guy back. Both are configured to share windows folder from Mac via Options/Sharing/Share Windows/ Access Windows folders from Mac

2. JonA3

JonA3 Bit poster

I have this too... also need it back...

3. JimM10

JimM10 Bit poster

After rebooting (Everything). Re-installing Parallel tools. Rebooting - (notice a trend) - I finally got a C drive to show up in Volumes - it has a new name - used to be just 'C', now it is '[C] Uncle Bills Windows 10'. which is the name of my VM with a [C] in front. I am back in business - yeah!!

4. r3volution11

r3volution11 Junior Member

I'm having the same issue. I can connect to the VM directly but a share no longer is available right away. Now my development environment keeps thinking the location of files has changed every time I reopen the VM. It's a pain in the buttocks.

5. JimM10

JimM10 Bit poster

I haven't timed it yet - but at least 5 minutes after VM is running before the C drive shows up. And such a weird name. Annoying!!.

6. KenK6

KenK6 Bit poster

Is it possible to rename the drive from "[C]" back to "C"? The square brackets causing some troubles on my development environment..

7. MurrayH1

MurrayH1 Bit poster

+1
    This is real pain! On my development environment where the Mac is accessing the Windows files on drive C all my paths are broken (Sublime Text, script files, etc).
    Was /Volumes/C/... is now /Volumes/[C] Windows 7/...
    How to rename so I don't have to go through and change all my scripts???
    Thanks,
    Murray

8. MurrayH1

MurrayH1 Bit poster

It gets worse. Sometimes the Mac cant see the Windows drive C, hangs when attempting to open the folder. Reverting back to Parallels 12 I think! :-( :-(

9. PavanS1

PavanS1 Bit poster

I'm having the same problem, has anyone found a solution?

10. PavanS1

PavanS1 Bit poster

Solved this problem, I created a share of the folder I wanted instead of going through C: