Control - and Control Shift + Shortcuts no longer working in Excel

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by RobS7, Aug 30, 2017.

1. RobS7

RobS7 Bit poster

Just upgraded to the newest build. Running Windows 10 on a MacBook Pro also running the latest stable OS. Excel is the latest
    I use parallels for Excel primarily. At first f4 wasn't working for cell references (while f2 for entering the cell and f7 for spellcheck worked fine).
    I reset all shortcuts back to default, disabled all MacOS shortcuts in Mac system preferences, and set "send macOS system shortcuts" in parallels desktop preferences to "Always". Now f4 works...
    Control - and Control Shift + still don't work for inserting and removing cells. I'd never had any problems prior to the update. All add-ins are disabled.

Parallels Version 13.0.0 (42936)
    Windows 10 Pro
    Excel Version 1707 Build 8326.2073 Click-to-run
    Machine: MacBook Pro 15 inch 2.6ghz 16gb ram
    macOS 10.12.6 (16G29)

AlessandroM2 likes this.
  2. KennethF

KennethF Member

I posted a similar complaint about Acrobat. Control + and Control - are used to zoom in and out, and they no longer work in Acrobat. I just tested the combinations you referred to in Excel, and they don't work for me either.

3. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello All, we would request you to install the latest build for Parallels Desktop 13.0.1 (42947) http://kb.parallels.com/111603 and check it helps.

4. KennethF

KennethF Member

I installed that version. Ctrl+ and Ctrl- still do not work in Acrobat.

5. UttaraP

UttaraP Bit poster

I'm having a major issue with Ctrl- I'm not able to delete entire rows using this shortcut and its quite critical to productivity. I upgraded to the latest version of parallels yesterday. Before that it was working just fine. I've done all of the things mentioned above including setting mac os system shortcuts to "Always", optimise game display on, mapping keys, etc.. Nothing seems to be working. Please help

6. KennethF

KennethF Member

Parallels? This is not a trivial problem.

7. RobS7

RobS7 Bit poster

For people struggling with excel like me you can use alt + h + i + e and alt + h + d + d as a bad but functional substitute. I'd still like to know the actual fix asap though...

8. KennethF

KennethF Member

This is not just about Excel. I have keyboard shortcut issues in Acrobat as well. Something is screwed up in the keyboard processing.

9. KennethF

KennethF Member

Parallels.... are you there?

10. KennethF

KennethF Member

This problem is not limited to the keys we've been discussing here. The Ctrl+N key combination does not work in Outlook to send a new message, but it does work in Word to open a new file. So we have reported problems with Excel, Acrobat and Outlook, and I think I saw other threads about other key combinations not working.

Parallels-- you have GOT to address this; some of the key combinations are very important and without them some tasks are far more cumbersome.

11. BH_

BH_ Bit poster

Please fix this

12. AlessandroM2

AlessandroM2 Bit poster

Parallells this is not fixed yet and is major productivity issue. Please fix asap and at least post some updates here. Customer service anyone?!?!?

JunaidQ likes this.
  13. KennethF

KennethF Member

Parallels-- when the keyboard doesn't work it is impossible to use the computer properly. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

JunaidQ likes this.
  14. EssaouirAB

EssaouirAB Bit poster

Piling on here ... if there's a workaround, please share it! This is killing my Excel productivity. Does anyone know if VMware Fusion has similar issues?

JunaidQ likes this.
  15. KennethF

KennethF Member

This issue has been going on since PD 13 was installed, and we have gotten no meaningful response from Parallels. This is a serious problem, and really affects the use of many programs.

PLEASE RESPOND!

JunaidQ and EssaouirAB like this.
  16. JunaidQ

JunaidQ Bit poster

parallels can you fix this issue please? I'm really getting frustrated. Otherwise, help me figure out how to go back to a previous version and receive a refund..

17. KennethF

KennethF Member

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET THIS FIXED????

18. RobS7

RobS7 Bit poster

Just updated parallels to the new version today and it's fixed!

19. KennethF

KennethF Member

The control keys now work? Which parallels build?

20. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro