Forum Search

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Eru Ithildur, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Here is a little nit of mine. On Safari 2.0.4 (OS X) when I try to search the Parallels forums, upon hitting return with my cursor focused in the keywords field it will save my preferences instead of searching. Interestingly enough, it does not occur in the latest version of Firefox. So it seems like there is an incompatibility issue here.

2. David5000

David5000 Pro

At least with a MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo (OS X 10.4.10), I don't get this problem with either Safari 2.0.4 or Camino 1.5.1.

David

3. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Really? How odd... I'll try on another computer in my office. Maybe it is just my issue.

4. LilBambi

LilBambi Junior Member

Search won't work for me...

Do you have to be a registered member for a certain length of them to search?

It says I don't have the rights to search!?!

I was trying to search for PPC related posts because I have a PPC Mac Mini and wanted to use Parallels. Unfortunately in the past they only support Intel Macs so I wanted to see if there were posts relative to this support for my Mac. No can do. No search for you! LOL!

5. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Well, I wouldn't know *points at post count*.

6. LilBambi

LilBambi Junior Member

LOL! Very true. Been awhile since you've seen 2 or 3 posts ;)

Thanks anyway.

7. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

8. LilBambi

LilBambi Junior Member

LOL! I hear ya!

No worries I am sure they will figure it out.

I wonder if it's the 3 character search I was doing on PPC? Is there a minimum of 4 or more characters for a search?

Bambi

9. LilBambi

LilBambi Junior Member

YES! That is it. And that's a reasonable setting (3 characters). Pretty taxing on the server otherwise.

When I tried Power PC instead of PPC, it returned that there were no results.

10. LilBambi

LilBambi Junior Member

Course that didn't help since PPC is the way most will refer to OS X under the Power PC.

Oh, well.

Hope Parallels changes it's mind on the Power PC (PPC) virtualization/emulation.