pvm file on ssd

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JohnnyfiveN, Sep 18, 2017.

1. JohnnyfiveN

JohnnyfiveN Member

Hi,i would like to ask about the type of disk in which the virtual machine is installed,if it has any effect on the speed of the virtual machine?

At this time i have my virtual machine on the standar fusion drive of my mac.(imac 5k 2015)
    The general disk (which are installed also the vm)has begun to fill,also the pvm file is getting bigger and the virtual machine response has down (at loading my apps and i think it has lost a few the smooth responce ).

2. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello @JohnnyfiveN, by default, it will create on Expanding disk. To know what is expanding disk, please refer this article: kb.parallels.com/4706 To know the difference between the virtual machine(Local Disk C) and virtual machine configuration settings, please refer this article: http://kb.parallels.com/124218 Thanks, Meena.

3. JohnnyfiveN

JohnnyfiveN Member

Ok, but i mean and talk about,if i have my vitrual machine (pvm file)on a ssd disk.The windows has going faster?the programs loading faster?
    At this time with 24Gb ssd disk(on mac fusion device) only,and one system full to apps.
    It is sure that the file pvm is and loading from classic slow hdd.

Sorry for my English

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Yes, it will improve the read and write speed of the virtual machine if you use SSD.

5. JohnnyfiveN

JohnnyfiveN Member

Thank you so much!

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Feel free to contact us if you have any question or for support requests any time.