Creative Cloud desktop app display problem in 10.12.6 VM

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by DoniK, Sep 20, 2017.

1. DoniK

DoniK Hunter

Host: macOS 10.12.6
    PD 13.0.1 (same problem in PD12.x)
    Guest: macOS 10.12.6

Anyone having any problems since Adobe forced Creative Cloud desktop app to update to 4.2.0.211 a few months ago? Ever since then, the CC app display is all messed up, mostly blank white but some element artifacts appear/disappear if you scroll or click around. Individual apps are fine, just the CC desktop app has the problem. It works fine on a Macbook in native macOS, I'm only having this problem in PD VM.

I've tried reinstall, repair, uninstall/reinstall of CC app; installing the full installer CC 4.2.0.218 downloaded from Adobe; full uninstall of Adobe suite, CC clean tool, reinstall. I've tried changing VM screen res, GPU memory, reinstalling Parallels Tools, changing hypervisor setting. None of it helped. If I roll back my VM to where it's still at 4.1.1.202, it looks fine. But as soon as it auto-updates to 4.2.0.211, CC app gets messed up again. Again, only have this problem with VM. Wondering if there's a problem with the PD GPU driver or something. Anyone else have this problem? Or confirm they do NOT have this problem with CC desktop app?

Two screenshots from CC app:

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 12.10.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 12.10.43 PM.png

2. rkulikov

rkulikov Parallels Developers

3. DoniK

DoniK Hunter

Okay, except all the Adobe apps themselves work fine except for CC desktop app (which is just used to manage the apps) and CC desktop app worked fine until the latest versions. Adobe apps recognize hw acceleration isn't supported and gray out that preference -- always have. But sure, it's possible Adobe introduced a bug where the desktop app is expecting hw acceleration or something else not offered by the PD display drivers. That's why I'm hoping someone else who uses this app can confirm their results. Thanks.

4. DoniK

DoniK Hunter

Update: I just upgraded the VM to macOS 10.13 High Sierra as a test. Subsequently, Creative Cloud desktop app auto-updated to 4.3.0.256. The display is still very glitchy, but it's much better than it was, it's actually mostly readable for what I need. Adobe apps have major compatibility problems with 10.13, including GPU issues, so maybe when they eventually release fixes for those, this will get resolved too.