CDBOOT failed couldn't find NTLDR

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Andrew Nych, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Andrew Nych

Andrew Nych Bit poster

Help. I'm not very computer savvy. I've installed Parallels but when I tried installing Windows XP Professional (MacBook Pro) the above shows up. I've checked the manual and forums but can't figure out what is wrong. Any suggestions before I take it to the local mac dealer to help install it?

2. sandro

sandro Parallels Developers

3. johnv

johnv Parallels Team Parallels Team

4. Andrew Nych

Andrew Nych Bit poster

Thanks, still no luck.

Thanks sandro. I got to step 20 with no luck. I'll have to try #21 tomorrow. johnv I tried your links but no luck either. My win disc shows up as bootable but I just can't get it to work. I have 4 vm's none want to play.

5. Andrew Nych

Andrew Nych Bit poster

Windows Version

I know the disc is fine, BUT, could it be a problem if I am using XP Professional Service Pack 2 Licensed for Campus and School use only? The Microsoft Word for Mac, School use loaded without difficulties.

6. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

It might be. It is recommended that you use a normal XP Pro XP2 disc. Although I am a student and have successfully set things up on mine. :-\

It just sounds like the Academic ones have spotty success. Can you get ahold of another one to try? If so, just swap out the key before you register.

7. Andrew Nych

Andrew Nych Bit poster

Finally in, thanks.

Thank you to all those that gave advise. I managed to get another copy of Windows and it loaded in without any problems. My Parallels is now working fine.

8. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Glad to hear that things are working now.