short cut for parallel toolbox

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox Feature Suggestions' started by DaniT, Nov 29, 2016.

1. DaniT

DaniT Bit poster

It would be great if I could lock the screen via a keyboard shortcut: alt+CMD+L is my preferred shortcut :)

2. wizbang_fl

wizbang_fl Bit poster

Or make each of the tools able to be assigned a shortcut.

3. JeffN3

JeffN3 Bit poster

Shades is a FREE utility for controlling the brightness of your screen. It runs in the background providing always-available fine-grained control over the brightness of your display via a slick Mac-like interface.
    Though all modern Apple laptops have brightness controls for dimming the screen in dark conditions, there are several situations where the built in controls are unsatisfactory. The granularity of control is rather coarse, and the minimum brightness setting still quite bright when working in pitch darkness.
    Perhaps you need to use your machine in a darkroom, or like to work late at night without disturbing your partner who sleeps beside you?
    Perhaps you need to dim the screen on a desktop machine, and the display you are using offers no such facility?
    If this is the case for you, then try Shades.
    Note: Shades may interfere with colour calibration software, and should not be used if colour accuracy is critical.
    EDID Emulator Option Preferred- Keystroke option to turn off iMac monitor
    I would actually prefer if there was a keystroke way to completely turn off the monitor in/on an iMac. That would be most preferable. Then EDID emulators would work on an iMac remotely as well as a headless Mac mini. Short of this, an updated version of Shades is better than nothing on my iMac(s).

4. Oleg4

Oleg4 Bit poster

Add option to set hotkeys for actions, please. At least favorite actions need hotkeys.

5. CHRISS10

CHRISS10 Bit poster

Agreed. I would especially like one for capturing a portion of the screen. Add in the ability to send to an open Word document after editing and this would be the best.

6. WadeH

WadeH Bit poster

A popup window that contains a shortcut list with the ability to click on to execute.
    Use case, I forget or don't even know all of the plethora of Mac keyboard shortcuts. It would be nice to popup a cheat sheet that showed them as well as a way to execute one of the shows shortcuts.
    Ie, I want to type an emoji in an email, tweet, etc, I forgot what keyboard shortcut displays it... Or, I want to be able to go up to the Toolbox and click on a hotkey to it, or see a cheatsheet or click on the cmds on the cheatsheet, or all the above :)

7. Ilgiz

Ilgiz Bit poster

there is basic functionality for capturing a portion of the screen in mac OS with hotkey:
    Ctrl+ Cmd + Shift + 4

8. Nigel1

Nigel1 Bit poster

You guys have created a button in the toolbox, but having the ability to save this as an icon that's easily accessible would be great. this way we can save it somewhere, like the toolbar.

9. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello @Nigel1, please right-click on the Lock Screen icon in the Parallels Toolbox interface and select 'Add to Menu Bar'. This makes the icon appear in the Mac menu bar on the top of the screen. Would this relate to what you're suggesting?

10. Heywood1

Heywood1 Bit poster

User-configurable keyboard shortcuts for ALL OF THE UTILITIES (or at least most of them). For example, a shortcut to Start/Stop Screen Recording would be great.

Thank you for your consideration.

11. fetag

fetag Bit poster

Hi,
    I like the "Lock Screen" tool very much from the Parallel Tools library. Is that possible to create a shortcut to this tool that we don't need to click the icon on the taskbar, but to lock the screen with a user defined shortcut?
    Thank you!

12. Hemnath@Parallels

Hello @fetag. Thank you for your suggestion. All feature requests are viewed by the management and will be implemented depending on requirability.

JohnS32 likes this.
  13. SeungI

SeungI Bit poster

there are many easy tools in toolbox but not easy to use that sometime.
    I have to move and click the icon on the status bar

please make some easy way to access each tool in toolbox

14. Hemnath@Parallels

Hi @SeungI. Just to be clear, you're referring to using corresponding keyboard shortcuts for each tool in Parallels Toolbox instead of having to use the mouse cursor to activate the tools, is that right?

15. ValentinJ

ValentinJ Bit poster

I would definitely like to have shortcuts for downloading videos or taking screenshots and recording videos.

16. Hemnath@Parallels

Your suggestion will be taken into consideration. Thank you.

17. Alex Patsay

Alex Patsay Parallels Team

Checkout Toolbox 2.0 -- it has a new Preferences dialog with ability to set shortcuts for tools!

18. Jean-PierreK1

Jean-PierreK1 Bit poster

I would like to have this option too! It makes many things much easier :)

19. Alex Patsay

Alex Patsay Parallels Team

Ability to assign a keyboard shortcut to a tool was added in Toolbox 2.0 for Mac and will be added to the upcoming release of Toolbox for Windows

20. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

Though all modern Apple laptops have brightness controls for dimming the screen in dark conditions, there are several situations where the built in controls are unsatisfactory. The granularity of control is rather coarse, and the minimum brightness setting still quite bright when working in pitch darkness.