I didn't need that M key anymore anyway!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by MarkHolbrook, May 15, 2006.

1. MarkHolbrook

MarkHolbrook Pro

Ok this has happened just a few times now.

Beta6 has been great for me. VERY STABLE and zero crashes but all I use the VM for is to run Delphi and Starteam. Both pretty simple straight forward programs that don't use must of the system.

Anyway after the machine at been in screen saver a few times and even parallels was in screen saver within XP I went in to do some Delphi editing.

I went to type in:

CMD_FTPUPDATELIST

and I could not put the M in. Nothing would happen when I hit the M key. This is like the second or third time this has happened and usually I restart the VM and it goes away.

But just add this to your list of minor fixes. Like I said, I don't need no stinkin M key anyway!

Mark

2. markup

markup Junior Member

Of course you don't. Just get used to being called "ark". : )

3. Jay Levitt

Jay Levitt Member

Please remember that this is VM software - that's "Virtual M." The M key is M-ulated using the glyphs "!V!".

Jay

4. MarkHolbrook

MarkHolbrook Pro

I get it... Virtual "M"... Arrrgh!

And just call me "ark"

5. wesley

wesley Pro

You just need to reverse the polarity on W. Ask any Enterprise engineer!

/me ducks

6. chrismasto

chrismasto Member

It's very likely that you just had the "modifier key stuck down" issue. If it happens again, try pressing command, option, control, shift, etc. to help remind it that you're not holding them down.

7. davert

davert Member

Which brings up the idea of showing which modifier keys are down at the moment in the interface so that problem is more obvious!

8. chrismasto

chrismasto Member

I think they said they were going to fix the problem anyway, so it should be moot soon. Whenever we get another beta. Nudge, nudge.