P13/win10/High Sierra interfering with iMac sleep wake modes-P13 bug?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by RLDumfries, Sep 28, 2017.

1. RLDumfries

RLDumfries Member

Ever since I upgraded to High Sierra, my mac wouldn't go to sleep and, if I manually put it to sleep, it would not wake up and I would have to manually reboot. At first, I worked with Apple tech but nothing they suggested worked.

One time I rebooted but DID NOT start P13 and my mac went to sleep and woke up normally. Tried this a couple of more times and got the same result.

Then I opened P13 and my mac reverted back to not sleeping or waking up.

I think this is a bug in P13, unless someone else has an idea to solve this.

Thanks.

2. mcgroarty

mcgroarty Member

What you're describing sounds suspiciously similar to a problem many of us have encountered since macOS 10.12.4. There's a LONG thread in the Apple forums:
    https://discussions.apple.com/message/32294292?start=0&tstart=0
    Any chance you have an iMac with 32GB of RAM? That's common to a huge number of people in that thread, although Parallels hasn't been identified as anything they shared. Apple has even put some of us through hardware replacements with no change to the problem.

3. RLDumfries

RLDumfries Member

I have 16GB of Ram in my mac. I read the thread and the problem does seems very similar. I am not ready to get new hardware, that is a pain that I've had to do in the past.

Apple via twitter, was very helpful, but they followed the same steps listed in the apple thread with not luck.

4. coda1

coda1 Bit poster

call of duty world at war zombies apk

5. RLDumfries

RLDumfries Member

Still having issue with sleep/wake mode. Have confirmed that problem goes away if I DO NOT load p13 and win10.

6. RLDumfries

RLDumfries Member

Parallels Update 13.1 solved the issue.