Upgraded to Parallels 13 - Cannot Install Parallels Tools

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AnthonyF1, Sep 27, 2017.

1. AnthonyF1

AnthonyF1 Bit poster

Hello,
    I upgraded to Parallels 13 this morning and discovered my Windows 10 machine's resolution is stuck at 1024x768. Read a few threads that all said to install Parallels Tools and manipulate different settings. However, when I click Actions -> Install Parallels Tools nothing happens. I installed from my virtual CD drive and also from the %temp% folder but received an error stating "Failed to install driver prl_boot". Follow this KB (http://kb.parallels.com/123813) and deleted the regkeys. Next I ran the install from the virtual CD drive and the process gets to 69% before failing with a generic "There was a problem updating Parallels Tools" which is odd because as far as I can tell, Parallel Tools is not installed. To add to my frustrations, at 51% through Parallels Tools install, the screen resolution of my Windows 10 machine changes to the 1920x1080 that I want but after the install fails the agent forces me to reboot which takes me back to the low resolution. Any ideas?

-Anthony

2. vitalb

vitalb Parallels Developers

Hi, Anthony,
    To detect you problem we need at first some technical details.
    Could you please open this VM in Parallels Desktop 13 and send Report a problem? Could you send me number of report here or in private message?
    Vitaly

3. AnthonyF1

AnthonyF1 Bit poster

Hi VitalB,
    I sent a technical report - ID number 215176334 - to Parallels. If there is something specific you need, let me know. Thank you.
    -Anthony

4. vitalb

Hi, Anthony, i see some problems with update one our driver. They can be specific for your system. At this moment i cannot speak exactly about reasons of this problem, we need additional research.
    If you can help us to research and fix this problem, we can communicate via support system about details.

5. vitalb

The problem was solved. Mentioned KB article didn't help because of other problem. Some incorrect data were found in system area and fixed.

6. matzb

matzb Bit poster

Hello, I have a similar problem: strange resolution, no mouse, and 51% parallels tools issue. How can I "find and fix some incorrect data" in my system area?