Rainbow after upgrade to version 13.1.0 (43108)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JacekA, Oct 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JacekA

JacekA Junior Member

Hi.

After today's upgrade to version 13.1.0 (43108) I have this effect after run Windows 7. Shutdown and restarting Parallels does not help.

Best regards.

Attached Files:

2. PhilipI1

PhilipI1 Bit poster

I have the same problem. The login screen is normal, but after logging in I get a "rainbow screen". this after installing the latest update.

3. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello All,
    we are aware of this issue and it has been reported. please follow the steps provided below as a workaround
    Please open virtual machine configuration http://kb.parallels.com/117287 , go to Hardware Tab > Graphics > Advanced settings > Disable 3D Acceleration and increase the graphics memory to 512MB and then restart Windows and follow the steps provided at http://kb.parallels.com/112476 and check if it works.
    Thanks, Alfena

4. PhilipI1

PhilipI1 Bit poster

I found, with the help of support, that the virtual machine must be shut down to do this.

5. buckZor

buckZor Bit poster

wow, pretty rainbow :)

JohnF13 likes this.
  6. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Glad to know that you were able to sort out the issue. Please get back to us for any further queries. Thanks!

7. JacekA

JacekA Junior Member

Rainbow effect is show only when 3D acceleration DirectX 10 is chosen.
    Any reinstallation of Parallels Tools or changing RAM in graphics memory doesn't help.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  8. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

We have found the problem. It will be fixed soon. Thank you for your patience.

9. DixonL

DixonL Bit poster

Installed new update this morning. Been fooling with it ever since and I wish I could report as favorably. 3d acceleration is Disabled, memory set to 512 MB. Rebooted Mac. It did make one change. At first I had a white screen. Now I have a black one. Suggestions? Thanks.

2009 Mac Pro running El Capitan Version 10.11.6

10. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @DixonL , Please share a screenshot of the screen so that we can check and assist you.
    Thanks

11. DixonL

DixonL Bit poster

It's simply a totally black screen with the "Title Bar" across the top. Still that way this morning.

12. DixonL

DixonL Bit poster

And again this morning. Help!!

13. DixonL

DixonL Bit poster

I think I may have found a solution. With my black screen still in place, I went to Configuration, the Hardware tab, Graphics and increased the memory to 1GB with 3D acceleration still disabled. Closed Configuration and then reopened it and VM completed its boot up. I now have my Windows desktop.

14. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

That's great! @DixonL Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help! Thanks!

15. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.