Add MD5 quick check

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox Feature Suggestions' started by Harvey1, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Harvey1

Harvey1 Bit poster

Hi,
    Please add md5 check tool,which is very helpful. thanks.

fahlman, UpscaleG, AdhamE and 12 others like this.
  2. HansE2

HansE2 Bit poster

Hello,
    It would nice to have a simple checksum file checker.
    You drop the file, and the checksum.

This is how I do this today.
    open Terminal by searching for it in Spotlight or Launchpad, or open it directly in Applications > Utilities.
    Once open, type in "shasum -a " followed by either 1 or 256, depending on whether you want to verify the downloaded file against a SHA-1 or SHA-256 checksum provided by its developer.

Next, add a space, followed by the full path to the file. (Seen above.)

For instance, we're going to check the "HandBrake-1.0.7.dmg" file, which is located in the Downloads folder, hence the path will look like this: "/Users/future/Downloads/HandBrake-1.0.7.dmg".

Alternatively (and much more easily), you can simply drag and drop the file onto Terminal's window to automatically paste the full path to it.

3. Btbtbt

Btbtbt Bit poster

I would love to see a hash algorithm checker with all the flavors md5, sha, etc etc. Paste the hash, drag and drop the file, and it verifies both.

4. Max S.

Max S. Bit poster

I think it would be a useful feature when you can just select or drop a file, and the tool will calculate hash sums (MD5, SHA1, SHA256, etc.) and show it with an ability to easily copy calculated hash. :)

5. fahlman

fahlman Junior Member

Title says it all.

6. Liubov Kulakova

Liubov Kulakova Parallels Team

Check out our new tool in Parallels Toolbox 5.5 - Verify Checksum.
    You can choose between MD5, CRC32, SHA1/256/512 to generate and compare checksum.
    Verify Checksum Tool.png

7. Arvin3

Arvin3 Bit poster

The feature already there for single file, is there a way to generate md5 for multiplies files? currently it can be done with terminal on MacOs by typing
    shasum and drag all files.