USB Printers - why won't they work?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jhedleyj, Sep 17, 2007.

1. jhedleyj

jhedleyj Bit poster

This thread was moved from "Wish Lists" to "Windows Guest OS Discussion".
    Alicia.

I have an Epson CX6600 all-in-one USB scanner/printer. Needless to say it doesn't work with Parallels. This type of problem seems to be very common when one looks at forums like this. Nobody seems to have an answer. Is there one? I would dearly like to know if there is as I have a windows programme that I need to print from. Next question: Can any one tell me of a printer that WILL work to save me buying one that also will not work?

I thought that Parallels would be the answer to all my Windows problems now that I have my Mac - nearly, but not quite there yet!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2007
  2. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

3. raka

raka Junior Member

Hello jhedleyj.

>>Next question: Can any one tell me of a printer that WILL work to save me buying one that also will not work?<<

Have a Canon Lasershot LBP2900. Works fine under Parallels 3.0 (5160). :)

4. johnv

johnv Parallels Team Parallels Team

5. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

When reading the forums, I suggest you don't stop reading at the first post. Usually the solution is found at the last post, or in the middle.

6. jhedleyj

jhedleyj Bit poster

A bit fiddly but I got there! Many thanks for your help, guys! I can now use my new iMac as I planned to do. I don't need Parallels to do much for me but I have to say it does do everything I want it to - it's certainly fast and despite what I see in this forum it IS stable and does do what it says on the "tin". Great!