Beta User Mac Support Parallels Version Complaint ... ;-)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by DBCohen, Dec 19, 2006.

1. DBCohen

DBCohen Junior Member

I must complain about the incredibly poor experience I am having with this product

My list of issues are as follows:

The latest beta build 3999, that I obtained by hacking the home computer of the head of Parallels development, is completely unstable on my desktop machine

Despite the promises made to me on the LEET-MAC-WAREZ IRC channel, Parallels has completely failed to deliver the promised 8-way processor speed increase on my Mac Mini

Parallels completely fails to print to my Citizen dot-matrix line printer, will not dial up to my modem using my trusty acoustic coupler, and refuses to synchronise with my 1974 HP scientific calculator

I get repeated kernel panics on my laptop. This is a bog standard Alienware Killer GamePro machine, running the latest SUPERMACHACK OSX86 for Dell machines. How rubbish is it that Parallels can't even support such a standard configuration!

Despite me spending at least five minutes writing this post, in that time Parallels has not released even a single beta version. They have also failed to respond to any of my direct emails, even when I WROTE THEM ALL IN CAPITAL LETTERS TO GET THERE ATENSHUN!!

This level of support is JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH. It would be even worse if I had actually paid for a copy of the program - fortunately I borrowed my mate's copy and found a serial number on IRC, but even so as a loyal user I expect decent support - why can't the programming team come round to my house and get all of my computers working properly?

I don't believe that Parallels will be around very long with this sort of attitude to their customers. In fact, I am going to ring Apple and make Steve Jobs aware of what they are doing to his computers!

OK, just in case there is anyone really dim out there, this is a spoof post parodying some of the more extreme complaints found on this forum. It is a joke, so don't take it seriously!

David.

2. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

/signed :cool:

Guess we really need to feed our hamsters powering the server that compiles new beta versions ;)

3. DBCohen

DBCohen Junior Member

Glad you enjoyed it, Spectre.

4. Jisi

Jisi Member

Nice one, FULL ACK :)

5. fbronner

fbronner Pro

What do you mean when you say you have to feed your hamsters? Do you mean you usually don't?

I guess now we'll also have to report you to the SPCA...

P.S.: Personnally I prefer using lawyers to power the servers, they burn real well and I don't get attached to them.

6. Sheppy

Sheppy Hunter

Lol Rotfl!

7. joem

joem Forum Maven

Made my day!

8. DocB

DocB Junior Member

Great! Two toes up!

9. its still shite though even 10 years later