IIS - Anyone have a step-by-step solution?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by FontWrangler, Aug 6, 2007.

1. FontWrangler

FontWrangler Bit poster

Hello. I am not a computer network person so I have trouble following threads that give hints to changing a network setting or adjusting an ip address but don't give the full details - I usually get up to that point and then get stuck again. I am wondering if anyone has successfully managed to have IIS running on the Guest OS (WinXP) and then be able to browse the IIS website from the native Mac OS?

Here's where I am right now - although I'd have no problem starting from scratch if it'll work. I have IIS running on WindowsXP Professional and I can browse the localhost and view the site. I can also view the localhost (although I use the IP address from the WinXP) and and see the site. When I make a change to any file/text in the web page, and then hit refresh, the change is not showing up. I have restarted my computer and the change is visible but I need to see them right away.

Is there a step-by-step solution to have IIS working on the XP guest and viewable and editable on the Mac OS as well? Or a solution to the caching problem?

I really appreciate any time you have to this problem and thank you.

Cheers.

Font.

2. FontWrangler

FontWrangler Bit poster

Looks like I figured it out.

3. jrotondo

jrotondo Junior Member

Can you do us the favor and post the step by step method of doing this, seeing as you figured it out? There are a lot of threads on how to get IIS and the Mac side play nice together, but no one seems to have the answer. Please share!

4. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

I think the easiest is to use Bridged Networking, set-up IIS as normal, and just point to the IP assigned to the VM.