Parallels Desktop 11 macOS High Sierra Compatibility?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by BobJ5, Sep 26, 2017.

1. BobJ5

BobJ5 Bit poster

I am currently running macOS Sierra and using Parallels Desktop 11 to run a Windows 10 virtual machine. Do I need to upgrade my version of Parallels in order to upgrade my macOS to High Sierra or does Parallels Desktop 11 have High Sierra support?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello BobJ5, Parallels Desktop 11 is not supported on Mac OS X High Sierra and hence you need to upgrade to Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac. Thanks!

3. tbirdvet

tbirdvet Bit poster

I run P11 with High Sierra and only issue are some full screen graphics artifacts switching between screens

lancerkind likes this.
  4. ImSeeker

ImSeeker Member

I am moving someone to High Sierra and they were using Parallels 11. I just need the data from the .pvm,
    so just need to know if Parallels Mounter will work (would think it will, but never assume)

5. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello ImSeeker, please copy the .pvm file to your external hard drive and once you have upgraded your Parallels Desktop to version 13, you can paste the .pvm to your Mac and start using the virtual machine. To know more, please follow as suggested in this article and see if this helps. Thanks!

6. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac is only partially compatible with Mac OS X High Sierra. To know more, please refer this article Thanks!