Parallels 13.1.1 does not install Windows 10 Audio drivers

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Lago di Cuba, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Lago di Cuba

Lago di Cuba Junior Member

Parallels Tools install hangs at 51% after which a check of Win10 Device Manager shows that Audio drivers are not installed at all -- nothing.

Running P 13.1.1 on MBPT 13 (2016) High Sierra 10.13.1

2. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

3. Lago di Cuba

Went to the KB and uninstalled Tools, rebooted, did a fresh install of Tools.
    Same issue persists: no Audio drivers are installed, Tools install hangs at 51%.
    No anti-virus running, no firewall, etc.
    Running release version of Windows Creator (1709/16299.19). Have been running Parallels/Windows 10 for a year, this is the first time I've encountered this issue.

4. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

5. Lago di Cuba

I appreciate your good intentions. However, KB4841 seems to be the same as KB8969 i.e. 'uninstall Parallels Tools, reboot, reinstall Parallels Tools.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Unfortunately, the problem persists. IMHO something is wrong with 13.1.1 tools re: audio drivers!

6. Lago di Cuba

Tried again this morning to fix the lack of Parallels Audio drivers in my Win10 VM. Ran Windows trouble shooter, which said to 'reinstall drivers'. Let Windows search for drivers and tried to install what it found. Driver installation failed

Would really like to get some support for this issue: Parallels 13.1.1/MacOS 10.13.1 on 13" MBPTB. Numerous attempts to reinstall Parallels Tools have failed -- installation always hangs at 51%.

7. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

8. Lago di Cuba

Thanks for the suggestion.
    I think what I'll probably do, instead, is just delete and re-install the entire VM -- both Parallels and Win10. Start fresh.
    I don't use Windows for anything critical -- it's just a diversion for me -- so cleaning out the old, likely corrupted, VM and building a new one is no big deal.