build 5160 issues: repeat key strokes

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by tsawicki, Sep 13, 2007.

1. tsawicki

tsawicki Bit poster

(I am running a 1.83ghz, 2gb ram Macbook with winxp via a bootcamp 1.4 partition)

Since installing build 5160 as an upgrade yesterday I am having all sorts of issues with keyboard inputs being repeated with only the slightest hit of the keyboard. Changing the repeat key stroke settings in windows control has had no impact. And let me say this is annoying. The prior build of parallels had no such issues.

2. wbrimhall

wbrimhall Bit poster

Me too...

I'm having the exact same issue -- to the point where it's unusable. How do you get around it?

I happen to be using a Logitech S530 keyboard with the Logitech Control Center software installed (on the Mac side).

Using a black MacBook...

3. tsawicki

tsawicki Bit poster

I haven't figured out a way around it yet either - sometimes closing the app and reopening it will help (for about 5min). I am using the new alluminum mac kb but i'm even having issues with builtin kb on my macbook. I agree it makes parallels unusable.

4. wbrimhall

wbrimhall Bit poster

The only way I've gotten around this is to use Parallels in full screen or windowed mode. It seems that Coherence is causing the problem...