Parallels 12 on High Sierra

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AdelleA1, Nov 20, 2017.

1. AdelleA1

AdelleA1 Bit poster

Hi there,
    Just wanting to check on any issues with Parallels 12 and High Sierra.

I've read the notice at: http://www.kb.parallels.com/en/123840
    The notice says I can't use boot camp, run a MacOS virtual machine, or Kaspersky Internet security. I will simply be running the old Windows XP 32 bit in coherence mode so should be fine. Before buying Parallels 12 I checked Parallels' history - every version of Parallels says it supported the next 2 MacOS versions, which I thought was reasonable.

So it all looks like it should be perfect. But on an earlier High Sierra beta thread there were people having more issues with Parallels 12.2.1 and the new file system and unblocking the system extensions, which I assume were on Apple's end as they're no longer listed in the notice. Someone had mentioned 32 bit windows might not be supported in future but a parallels response indicated that's okay for now.

Just wanting to quickly check all is well :)
    Thanks.

2. BrianS11

BrianS11 Bit poster

I would like to see an update to Parallels 12 too. Support for product should not end less than 12 months or even 4 months before an OS release.

3. AdelleA1

AdelleA1 Bit poster

I did specifically check how many versions of MacOS Parallels 8/9/10 supported and it was always the next 2. I would hope this is the same. And apart from bootcamp and running OSX as a virtual machine it seems to say it's fine. I want windows and no bootcamp.

Just want a confirmation on that before upgrading to High Sierra....