Upgrade from 9 to 12?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by BeatG, Dec 23, 2016.

1. BeatG

BeatG Bit poster

I found several infos from Parallels that are not in-line:
    - User Guide of Parallels 12 says, that there is no upgrade from 9 to 12 possible. A new full subscription must be bought.
    - When I click on updates in my current installation (ver 9) I get an offer to upgrade to 12 for the same price as an upgrade from 10/11 to 12).
    Do I first have to upgrade to 10/11 and then to 12, or can this be done directly?

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi BeatG,
    Yes, Parallels Desktop 12 can be upgraded from version 10/11 but for Parallels Desktop 8/9 users are provided a special link through emails or in-app notifications to buy a special upgrade to Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Upgrade(8/9). It will be clearly mentioned on the purchase page below the product name from which versions that particular upgrade can be used. You cannot upgrade to Parallels Desktop 10/11 anymore as it is not sold on our website.

3. BeatG

BeatG Bit poster

Where do I get the special link to upgrade to version 13 from my version 9?
    What is the price? Or do I really have to buy a full new license?

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You cannot normally upgrade from Parallels Desktop 9 to Parallels Desktop 13. If you have received any special offer email or in-app notifications use that link to purchase the special upgrade but we don't have the option to offer those special links manually.