Unable to get internet connection

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by radler7469, Sep 21, 2007.

1. radler7469

radler7469 Bit poster

I have completed the installation of windows xp, however I was never able to establish an internet connection, even though I can access email and safari with no problem. I have seen some suggestions to change network adapter setting to shared browser, however I have no such option. I have also installed all of the most current parallels tools and that doesn't help either. This is truly maddening. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

2. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

What does this mean? "I have also installed all of the most current parallels tools" Are you mixing and matching bits of different versions of parallels? There is just one Parallels tools version that is correct for a particular version of Parallels and that is the one that ships with the software package.

3. Ungenious

Ungenious Member

dkp:

I think he's referring to the fact that there was a Parallels Tools update.

Infact after this Parallel Tools Update (for version 3.x latest), my shared networking is also broken... sighs... I've given up on Parallels & have bought a copy of VMWare in the hopes that new features wont come at the expense of old ones.

Cheers,
    -Me

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007
  4. Laser_jock

Laser_jock Member

Got the lastest version 5160....

and have no problems with shared networking...

FWIW

LJ

5. radler7469

radler7469 Bit poster

During the installation process I got a message prompted from the parallels program recommending that I install the tools to make the program work easier. I also saw the recommendation to make sure these tools are installed in another thread. Re the Parallels software - I was never shipped any software package. I downloaded it from the site.

6. sandro

sandro Parallels Developers

radler,
    you said that you haven't shared networking option at virtual network adapter configuration. I have 5160 build of Parallels Desktop 3.0 and can say that i see that option. Whether you do follow:
    1. Stop virtual machine
    2. Open VM configuration (with "Edit->Virtual machine..." menu item for example)
    3. Select virtual network adapter device and specify necessary shared networking option

7. radler7469

radler7469 Bit poster

thanks for the suggestion. i tried that and everything else and nothing worked so i bought fusion. was much easier to install and have had no problems with functionality