Any ETA on fix for mouse-stuck bug on MacOS VMs?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by ShaniquaG, Dec 13, 2017.

1. ShaniquaG

ShaniquaG Bit poster

Is there still no fix for the PD13 issue of the mouse button getting "stuck" when running a MacOS guest? Suggested solutions (see https://forum.parallels.com/threads/mouse-click-refusing-to-unclick.342557/) have no effect.

The only workaround to "unstick" the mouse button is to suspend/resume the VM. Having to do this once every few minutes makes Parallels a virtually useless product, at least for MacOS VMs (Windows VMs aren't affected by this bug). Any ETA on fix? It's to the point now where I'm going to have to find another VM product if there's no fix for this bug.

Shaniqua

2. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi @ShaniquaG, when this is happening, if you press Ctrl+Alt keys, does the mouse get back to host macOS? If yes, please send us a technical report right after this issue happens, go to Help menu > Send Technical Data... Please post the report ID here.

3. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi, please send a problem report (menu of Parallels Desktop Help -> Send technical data) and post here its number.

4. DavidS13

DavidS13 Member

Pressing Ctrl-Alt has absolutely no effect. A technical report with the ID number 230985276 has been sent to Parallels.

5. ShaniquaG

ShaniquaG Bit poster

confirm Ctrl-Alt is useless

6. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi,
    please try the following: stop the vm and go to the VM Configuration -> Hardware -> Boot Order and unfold the Advanced Settings. Enter the line "devices.usb.speed.mouse=high" (without quotes) to the boot flags.

EDITED: I've just realized that I posted wrong flag. I've edited my message.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  7. DavidS13

DavidS13 Member

Makes absolutely no difference. Mouse button still stuck once every few minutes. It's gotten so infuriating that as of this evening, I've abandoned Parallels for good. Still might be others interested in the topic though.

8. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Though this is not actual for you anymore, I've just realized that I posted wrong flag. I've edited my message above.