Windows app called from Mac app

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MikeFromMesa, Dec 19, 2017.

1. MikeFromMesa

MikeFromMesa Member

I know that this is an odd question, and perhaps no one on the forum has tried this, but ...

I have been trying to figure out how to call a Windows based photo editor from a Mac based photo workflow tool. I use a Mac workflow tool (Dxo's PhotoLab) and have been using Mac based pixel editors to do specialized processing. All of that, of course, works properly. I decided to try to call one of my Windows pixel editors from the Mac app. I have an old version of Photoshop and I can call it from the Mac app without any problem. The handoff between the Mac side and the Windows side works flawlessly, so I tried it using Corel's PaintShop Pro, and that failed.

The call did start PaintShop Pro on the Windows side, but it failed to pass the image information in such a way that PaintShop Pro could open the image. Instead it just sat there and opened up the browser asking me what file I wanted to open, and I do not know why. If the call to Photoshop works, why would the call to PaintShop Pro not work?

Before anyone says that the reason is that the call format is different, I think it is not. If I pick a photo, right-click and tell Windows to open it in either editor it works properly, so both editors understand the Windows call, and that makes me think both should accept the same kind of call from the Mac through Parallels. But only Photoshop works.

I just thought someone on this forum might know or, failing that, that one of the developers might be able to give me a clue as to what is going on. the same thing happens on both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

2. DenisO

DenisO Parallels Developers

Hi,
    Can you please record a video with issue reproducing and sent it to me?

Thank you,
    Denis

3. MikeFromMesa

MikeFromMesa Member

I have created the videos and sent them via a private conversation.

4. DenisO

DenisO Parallels Developers

Thank you for great videos. I reproduced issue and will investigate it.