Parallels sloooooow to open

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by kmacard, Dec 20, 2017.

1. kmacard

kmacard Member

For a while now, my Parallels VM is very slow to launch. I mean that has taken as much as 10 minutes to fully come up! I click on PD in the Dock and it launches and the Control Center comes up but it just spins and spins until it finally decides to open up. It can take anywhere fro 6 - 10 minutes.

I am using PD Version 12.2.1 (41615) in Mac OS 10.3.2 and with Windows 10 Build 15063.786.

Any ideas as to why this is happening? Once it all opens properly, it seems to run fine but the very long launch times are frustrating.

2. Arno1

Arno1 Parallels Developers

Best Answer
    It seems like adding the folder with VMs to the Avira exception list may suffice. There is now a knowledge base article with a few details and a link on how to do it: http://kb.parallels.com/en/124336

Dmitry@Parallels likes this.
  3. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi @kmacard, please send us a technical report right after Parallels Desktop opens via Help menu > Send Technical Data... Please post the report ID here.

4. Arno1

Do you have Avira antivirus running in OS X? Recently it has started to impact Parallels Desktop in the similar way as the one, that you have described.

5. kmacard

kmacard Member

Yes, I do! So, should I uninstall that?

6. Arno1

Best Answer
    It seems like adding the folder with VMs to the Avira exception list may suffice. There is now a knowledge base article with a few details and a link on how to do it: http://kb.parallels.com/en/124336

Dmitry@Parallels likes this.
  7. kmacard

kmacard Member

That worked! Thank you so much. My VM just launched in about 20 seconds. :)

8. Arno1

Glad to hear. Thanks for the update!