Precision Trackpad Support

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jsbellin, Feb 1, 2017.

1. jsbellin

jsbellin Bit poster

My Macbook Pro's touchpad and gestures (e.g. swiping between desktops) are some of my favorite features of my Macbook. I've read Windows 10 supports similar gestures:
    Trackpad gestures and keyboard shortcuts, or: Windows 10 for the Mac user
    However, I don't believe Parallels 12 is making the Mac trackpad available to Windows 10 as as Precision Touchpad. Under Settings - Devices - Mouse and Touchpad, I don't see a "Your PC has a precision touchpad" statement.

Anyone know how to get my Win 10 VM to recognize my Mac trouchpad as a Precision Touchpad?

RamiK likes this.
  2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi jsbelin, Parallels Tools is a driver software for mouse and Trackpad functions. To use Macbook Pro's touchpad features, enable the following option: open the virtual machine Configure > Options > More options and check Enable Apple Remote.[​IMG]

3. jsbellin

jsbellin Bit poster

Thank you. It seems that "Enable Apple Remote" and "Enable swipe from edges" enable the gesture of swiping from the edge. In a support case, Roopraj Kumar of Parallels Customer Support confirmed that Parallels does not make the Mac touchpad available as a Precision Touchpad, just a generic touchpad. That prevents using gestures like 4 finger swipe to change between desktops.

That's too bad - the Macbook hardware supports it, Windows 10 supports it, and we just need Parallels to connect the two!

4. Mikhail.Filippov

Mikhail.Filippov Bit poster

+1 for support "Precision Touchpad" in Parallels Desktop

5. Lago di Cuba

Lago di Cuba Junior Member

This thread has been dead for most of the year; has anything been done to FIX this Parallels problem?
    I never surf the web using Edge so I wasn't aware that there's no support for Precision Trackpad until just recently; now that I know, I think Parallels should FIX it!
    All of Parallel's blah blah advertising for v. 13 stressed Windows 10 compatibility; I purchased v 13 in reliance on that blah blah (silly me).
    Parallels, you need to live up to your own hype.

6. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

Guys, it is technically impossible because in this case we should detach Trackpad from Mac and pass it to the Windows to direct access. In this way you will loose any control in Mac on it. You can attach any other USB trackpad but not internal one.

7. WilliamY

WilliamY Bit poster

Actually, this is possible. I'm fairly certain that Mac supports retreiving finger positioning from the trackpad, and then a psuedo windows precision trackpad driver can be made by parallels that interfaces with that information.

8. CinthiaA

CinthiaA Bit poster

Please! i need help!
    I installed parallels desktop lite but I can not configure it to switch from windows to mac just by sliding my fingers through the touchpad. How should I proceed?

9. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi @CinthiaA, go to macOS System Preferences > Trackpad > More Gestures. Enable and configure 'Swipe between full-screen apps' as desired.

10. RamiK

RamiK Bit poster

I installed parallels desktop trial to check if will help but seems there is no anything to configure the Mac Trackpad, unfortunately its speed is not reasonable so I'm not buying the VM.

11. PaoloT1

PaoloT1 Member

I'm on PD 17, hosted in Mac Mojave. The Mac's touchpad, in a host Mac Sierra, is not as smooth as expected. It works great in the host system, but not smooth, nearly stuttering in the client Mac.
    Is there something that can tried, to improve its behavior?
    Paolo

12. PaoloT1

PaoloT1 Member

(I've asked this same question in a more appropriate thread; I can't delete the previous message, so please ignore it).