Any discount to switch from vmware to parallels?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SoftoC, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have shared you some details in a private message. Please check it.

2. TylerC3

TylerC3 Bit poster

I was looking for a similar discount.

3. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello TylerC3, please let us know what Edition of Parallels Desktop for Mac you are going to purchase? Thanks!

4. KennethJ1

KennethJ1 Bit poster

Thank you for the PM. Could you follow up please. What you've provided in the PM is not actionable without further information from you. Thank you again, Ken

5. yam

yam Bit poster

Hi, I am currently using VMware Fusion Prof 8.5, I used to use Parallels a couple of versions ago but was forced to migrate to VMware. I would like to migrate back to Parallels Prof 13. Is there any discount you could offer? Thanks.

6. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Please check our private conversation again.

7. yam

yam Bit poster

Hi Ken
    Sorry to be such a nebie, but I can't find any private messages or conversations?

Thanks

8. JeffM12

JeffM12 Bit poster

Are you still offering these discounts? I have fusion 7, really sucking, thought I might try parallels instead of updating that. Thanks! Jeff

9. Hemnath@Parallels

Hello yam. Please check my private message.
    Hello JeffM12. Can you please check my private message?

10. MatthiasH4

MatthiasH4 Bit poster

I'm running Fusion 10 and graphics performance isn't great. I'd be interested in switching back to Parallels, but only have a license of version 10 which unfortunately does not even qualify for an upgrade discount... By the way, why are prices so high (+15 percent *before* VAT) for Swiss customers?

11. MatthiasH4

MatthiasH4 Bit poster

Seems that if questions get embarrassing, there's no answer or help (see also the topic of Meltdown & Spectre) I've eventually decided to buy a new full permanent License of Parallels Desktop 13 (CHF 70, at a massive discount compared to the online price at parallels.com, which is a ridiculous CHF 115) and will be comparing it from now on to Vmware Fusion 10, also with respect to their business behavior (higher prices for certain countries). Very disappointed to not having received a crossgrade offer...

12. AluisioF

AluisioF Bit poster

Hi,
    After over 8 years I think I'm ready to move from Fusion to Parallels. Running Fusion 8 and considering Parallels instead of Fusion 10.
    Any discounts available for my case?

13. DavidC42

DavidC42 Bit poster

I've been a user of the VMware products for almost 10 years including using Fusion 4-10. I am currently using Fusion 10 Pro, the latest for High Sierra. I downloaded a copy of Parallels yesterday (20-Feb) and all I can say is my sluggish Fusion is operating like new with Parallels. It feels like its a natively built machine, but its actually a conversion from Fusion to Parallels using the converter.

Like everyone here, do you offer discounts from Fusion to Parallels like you have in the past? I am not looking for the subscription based one and maybe at this point don't need the professional version if the desktop version seems to have everything I need.

14. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have shared you offer related details in a private message. Check and reply.

15. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have shared you offer related details in a private message. Check and reply.

16. MatthiasH4

MatthiasH4 Bit poster

Since I'm very happy with the latest update of Parallels 13 on my main machine, I'd also be interested in an upgrade offer for switching from VMware 10 to Parallels 13 on my Laptop. Not interested in subscriptions, only permanent licensing...

17. Hemnath@Parallels

Hi MatthiasH4. Please check our private message.

18. ChristianT3

ChristianT3 Bit poster

I'm considering a switch from VMware Fusion 10 to Parallels Desktop Pro 13. I'm not a big fan of Parallels' licensing terms requiring separate licenses for each PC I'm using it on, though. Are there any crossgrade offers making the purchase of 2 licenses less unattractive?

19. Hemnath@Parallels

Hello ChristianT3. Please check our private message.

20. TrondJ

TrondJ Bit poster

Hi,

I just installed the parallels trail after yet another day with vmware fusion network issues.
    Is there still some kind of discount if I choose to move from VMWare to Parallels?

Cheers,
    Trond