Windows cannot boot after installing the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Bertrand, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Bertrand

Bertrand Member

Hello,

Yesterday, after I made room on my Boot Camp, I got the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 installed.
    But after a while, I got a MacOS message telling something like "For security reasons, MacOS prevented Windows to make changes in the system hard disk boot sector (or Boot"something") and these changes have been handled / taken into account by the virtual machine"

Since this time, Windows is trying to revert to the previous version and it loops on this.

Can I do something to fix this issue? (other than a clean re-install of Windows)

Before that, I was on Windows10 pro version 1704
    I run Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac Pro Edition, version 13.2.0 (43213)
    on MacOS 110.13.3 Beta (17D25b)

Attached Files:

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @Bertrand, are you able to run your Windows in the native BootCamp? If so, please delete the virtual machine based Windows 10 BootCamp and add it again to check if the issue persists.

3. Bertrand

Bertrand Member

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your answer.
    Unfortunately, I got the same problem when running Windows in the native BootCamp. I guess the problem is quite serious...

I am going to try a restore from a Hard disk full image done using Acronis True Image 2018 a few days ago... Do you think there is something else I can try before?

But there is one thing I don't understand. Unfortunately, I didn't copy the error message from MacOS, but it was written that the changes that Windows wanted to write in the HDD boot sector will not be done in the boot sector but would be handled by the virtual machine (Parallels Desktop?). Obviously there is something wrong at this point....

Bertrand

4. JimC2

JimC2 Member

Same here running virtual windows machine using parallels version 13.2.0. Windows auto updates and when restarts I get blue screen unable to boot up. have to use systems restore to boot to before update was installed. Once that is done boots up OK, but then right away starts to install update again, resulting in same issue . . . help please

5. FrancuI

FrancuI Bit poster

nice post !! are you able to run your Windows in the native BootCamp? If so, please delete the virtual machine based Windows and reckech again and it worked very well 100 %

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2018