FFXI Game Graphical issues in Parallels 13.1.1 on os x 10.13.1

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by PaulL6, Nov 7, 2017.

1. PaulL6

PaulL6 Bit poster

I am trying to see if parallels is for me before purchasing to play FFXI on but seem to have a graphical issue, any ideas on what I can change? I'm running a windows 10 set up on a MacBook Pro 2016 2.9 Ghz Intel Core i5 it has intel Iris graphics 550 1536 MB

This is what I get when I log in and all characters in game look like this:-

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 09.54.27.png
    I've already tried to switch off Share Windows applications with Mac so any other ideas?

2. PascalK

PascalK Bit poster

yes, same issue. did you have any luck fixing?

3. PaulL6

PaulL6 Bit poster

Yes but only by uninstalling windows 10 and installing 7 and then changing the display driver as someone else had mentioned, works perfectly now.

4. PascalK

PascalK Bit poster

any options without changing to 7?

5. PaulL6

PaulL6 Bit poster

Not that I know of, I still had to change the display driver under 7 to the other. I wonder if you could point at it in 10 if you copied it into the relevant folder, i would text but I'm not putting 10 back on now.

6. ValiantC

ValiantC Bit poster

I'm having the same issue using Windows 10 when loading FFXI. Anyone else found a work around yet?

7. PaulL6

PaulL6 Bit poster

I had to load Windows 7, nothing worked in 10 and when Parallels had an update recently it messed it up and had to swap the graphic drivers again..

8. ValiantC

ValiantC Bit poster

Hi Paul.

Thanks for the reply. I'm new to the Mac world, and I was wondering if there was a thread how I can change from windows 10 and install windows 7. I really miss playing ff11 lol. Thanks I'm advance.

9. ValiantC

ValiantC Bit poster

Oh and one More thing. What driver did you change too? Sorry for the double reply.

10. JasonB23

JasonB23 Bit poster

I'm having this same problem on Window 8.1 on a MacBook Pro running Parallels 10.4. Does anybody have a solution?