Macbook broke down, I recovered a DMG file and I don't know what to do to recover my VM, help please

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by MikeM17, Jan 17, 2018.

1. MikeM17

MikeM17 Bit poster

Hi Guys, I'm a newbie in this forum and I have a huge problem. I hope you can help me!
    Short story: last Saturday my MacBook Pro died, so I was forced to do a clean installation of maOS High Sierra... I LOST EVERYTHING! Including a PVM with windows 7 that I used in my workplace in order to be compatible with the rest of the computer there... I was completely shocked, I still am. I used Disk Drill and recovered A LOT of my documents, but couldn't find any file with .PVM, .HDD, or .HDS extension... BUT I did find a file with the same size of my lost VM with a .DMG extension, I got excited and tried to mount it with Parallels, but every time I try to do it, I get the same message "the operating system was not found" I been using parallels for the last 5 years, but I'm far from being an expert as you have already realized. Is there any way to recover my VM? Could you guys please give me any advices?

Even though I would be the worst thing for me to lose hopelessly my Windows 7 VM, I'm aware that it's quite possible. SO, I'm ready to hear the good and the bad.

PD: English IS NOT my first language, I'm a 2 second semester student, so if I wrote something ambiguous, let me know. I'll be waiting for your answers guys! Thank you so much!