Still procrastinating

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ajay, Sep 23, 2007.

1. ajay

ajay Hunter

Still procrastinating - NOT - Now running v3.0, build 5160

I'm running v2.5, build 3214 on a Mac mini and haven't had any problems, thus I've haven't upgraded to v3.0. I just read something that says when the new Mac OS X comes out (provided I install it), I will need v3.0. So, looks like I'll have to switch. I currently have a 20GB expanding disk with Parallels. Is this okay for upgrading or is a fixed size better? If fixed is better, can I convert as I think I read somewhere that one can now do this under certain conditions.

Lastly, should I just download the latest build and do a straight upgrade (after backing up my current version) or is there some special sequence of things I must do to ensure a compliant upgrade.

Thanks for any advices.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  2. LCPGUY

LCPGUY Member

All that I did was to download the 3.0 version and run the installer that's on the .dmg file. I did NOT deinstall the 2.5 version, the installer just made it all happen. Of course I had a backup of 2.5 but I haven't needed it. Everything went super-smooth.

John

3. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Back-up the 2.5 version, of course. Just using the upgrader works just fine (well, some people on the forums have reported issues, hence the back-up), haven't had an issue on upgrade myself yet.

4. ajay

ajay Hunter

Thanks guys. While I do like to stay up with the latest of things, I am sometimes loathe to fix something that isn't yet broken.