Bluetooth Keyboard via Windows "Add Bluetooth Device"?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by mdrejhon3, Jan 25, 2018.

1. mdrejhon3

mdrejhon3 Member

Hello,
    I have a special Windows application that supports multiple simultaneous Bluetooth keyboards (text appears into separate windows for each keyboard) but it requires me to either do this:

(1) Connect Mac's Bluetooth directly to Parallels (was easy to do in Parallels 11)
    or
    (2) Use Windows 10 "Add Bluetooth Device" directly. (I can't get keyboards to show up)

Right now in Parallels 13, I'm unable to do either (1) or (2).
    What should I do? I'm willing to pay Parallels programmers to fix this problem for me, since it's extremely important for assistive and captioning services.

Thanks,
    Mark Rejhon

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

3. mdrejhon3

mdrejhon3 Member

I am using Parallels 13 (trial) -- I have paid Parallels 11 but I need this to work before I pay for upgrade.

I tried to follow the Parallels 12 instructions to the best of my ability, but the Bluetooth Controller doesn't show up in "Device -> USB & Bluetooth" anymore like it used to with my Parallels 11 (paid).

How do I make this show up again? Enabling/disabling the "share Bluetooth devices" checkbox doesn't cause this option to reappear.

Is there any plans to allow proper Device Sharing of a Bluetooth keyboard directly to Windows? I need this because Windows needs to "see very fully directly" the Bluetooth keyboard to know how to separate Bluetooth keyboards into multiple separate windows.

For two different deaf people typing at the same time, on the same computer, deaf people communicating to each other at the same table.

The software works only if Windows sees the keyboard directly, otherwise multiple keyboards look like one keyboard if added via Mac Bluetooth instead.

Could Parallels be updated to allow Bluetooth keyboards to become visible in "Add Bluetooth Device" of Windows 10 (under normal Bluetooth sharing), so that I don't have to use the Bluetooth Controller hack I needed for Parallels 11?

Alternatively, can you tell me how to get the Mac Bluetooth device to appear in the "Device -> USB & Bluetooth" again?

I need this for AODA accessibility reasons! Help!