Unresponsive keyboard issues

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by OliverM4, Nov 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. OliverM4

OliverM4 Bit poster

I have two main issues that are bothering me right now:
    1. Some keystrokes fail to register. I try to copy using CTRL + C, and sometimes it works, sometimes not. I have the relevant keyboard shortcuts settings configured correctly. Or perhaps I select some text, and then start typing in order to replace it with what I'm typing, and it'll miss the first character (which I then have to manually go back and replace). It's an intermittent problem, but will happen several times in a 10 minute period of work.
    2. When I hold down CTRL for any reason (setting italic text, etc.), and then release it, there is a period of time where, if I scroll using the two-finger gesture on my external Mac trackpad, it acts as if I still have CTRL held down. The net result of this is often that, instead of scrolling, I end up zooming in or out. Quite annoying
    They're little problems, but they break my productivity, and I bought Parallels 13 to improve my productivity, not to harm it.
    I'm using an external Mac keyboard, with a UK layout. My software is fully up-to-date.
    Thank you for your time.

2. SandyG1

SandyG1 Member

I have the same issue with two-finger scrolling on the track pad. The zoom function in windows is activated.
    Only way to resolve when it happens is to reboot windows.
    Anyone got a resolution from Parallels?

3. SandyG1

SandyG1 Member