OpenGL 4.5 Support

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by SAYBOT, Feb 8, 2018.

1. SAYBOT

SAYBOT Bit poster

I need Open GL 4.5 please

2. DirkH3

DirkH3 Bit poster

Yes I need Open GL 4.5 for my MegaCAD 3D software. Thank you

Piebed likes this.
  3. BenG14

BenG14 Bit poster

Please add openGL 4 support.

The application Enscape, which is used for architectural rendering and virtual reality, requires OpenGL 4.3.

Piebed likes this.
  4. JeffreyM6

JeffreyM6 Bit poster

I second this request.

MiguelP5 likes this.
  5. ectoplasmosis

ectoplasmosis Bit poster

Piebed likes this.
  6. KyonE

KyonE Bit poster

I really need it for SpaceClaim

7. RafalS2

RafalS2 Bit poster

Too old OpenGL cause problems in displaying 3D window in ARCHICAD. It is main window in this well known design software for architects.

8. GowthamR@Parallels

GowthamR@Parallels Member

The Parallels Desktop Engineering team is doing its best to improve OpenGL support in Windows virtual machines. As of now, only the OpenGL core profile (version 3.2) is supported in the Windows virtual machine using Parallels Desktop for Mac. For reference please refer to this article https://kb.parallels.com/115487

9. RafalS2

RafalS2 Bit poster

New update for Parallels but OpenGL in version3?

10. GlC

GlC Bit poster

Hello. Since I installed the last software release and I have now severe issues in Open GL environment with an application I'm using since long time. I'm attaching an example of what it's happening.. The problem concerns 3D rendering. As you may see, there is lack of continuity in the render rensults. In Parallel16 I can't longer see the option to activate the vertical syncronization. I'm wondering if this could be related with the issue I'm suffering and If there is any way to fix it. In the menawhile, I'm going to install an older softwre release. It's disappointing one updates the software to fix problems and finds news issues. Thank you.

Attached Files:

11. GlC

GlC Bit poster

Hello. Since I installed the last software release, I have severe issues in Open GL environment with an application that I use since long time. I'm attaching an example of what it's happening.. The problem concerns 3D rendering. As you may see, there is lack of continuity in the render rensults. In Parallel16 I can't longer see the option to activate the vertical syncronization. I'm wondering if this could be related with the issue I'm suffering and If there is any way to fix it. In the menawhile, I'm going to install an older softwre release. It's disappointing one updates the software to fix problems and finds news issues. Thank you.

12. FrederikBojesen

FrederikBojesen Bit poster

How far are we in the process of getting OpenGL 4.4 in our Parallels? - at the moment I canĀ“t use Enscape or any RealTime 3D rendering programs for Revit 21.1.

13. FrankK16

FrankK16 Bit poster

Here's adding another OpenGL 4.x request. I'm trying to run SCENE from FARO, https://www.faro.com/products/construction-bim/faro-scene/. It is a point cloud rendering package used to build models from 3D laser scanners. It gives me an error message that without OpenGL 4.01 or better, it cannot render point clouds. It does, however, work fine as far as generating the clouds from my scans (as shown to me when I upload the projects I'm doing to a colleague's Windows PC). It just can't draw them for me to see on my own Mac without OpenGL 4.x installed support. Thanks for any help you can provide in advancing OpenGL deployment on PD.

14. ShaneJ2

ShaneJ2 Bit poster

Parallels, you are dragging your feet here -- It is highly likely that the user base to Parallels are in fields that require the use of PC-only software...... a safe assumption? And many of these PC only software companies are updating to require the most recent OpenGL updates and as you fall behind, you are leaving your consumer base behind. I am a recent adopter of your software and I am very impressed with how you juggle my PC alongside my Mac. Just opening Revit and it working seamlessly is a gift, but I will probably have to request a refund after learning how poorly your VM software handles the rest of my apps and overall workflow.

Please start fixing this issue before you direct yourself into a hole you cannot crawl out from. Nobody cares if the paint app or Chrome can be run in parallel to their mac apps......we need powerful programs like Rhino (w/RHino.Inside for Revit) and Enscape to work, NOW! These are the latest in affordable and approachable software in the industry of architecture and your VM handles them like a Boomer using TikTok.

15. by_

by_ Bit poster

Need OpenGL 4.4 for SpaceEngine...

16. ManfredS10

ManfredS10 Bit poster

Hey dear Parallels Team,
    is there any News about Open GL 4.x?
    (I urgently would need Open GL 4.3 for installing and running HiCad 2021)
    Thanx in advance!

17. SimonWoo

SimonWoo Bit poster

Howdy Dear Parallels,

I am using Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition.

First, let me provide some basic info about my MacBook.
    • MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
    • 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9,
    • 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4,
    • Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
    Second, the issue I am facing with.
    I would like to run the North Star Imaging Software in virtual Windows via Parallels. But when I opened a 3D file using the software the first time, a window popped up saying "The OpenGL drivers you are using are very old (version < 1.2.0) ... You might update your OpenGL drivers, or use a machine with more powerful/recent graphics." Then, I modified the configuration as 2GB Graphics Memory and 13GB CPU&Memory Processors for virtual Windows. Still, the North Star software popped up the same window.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? :(

Much appreciate it!

18. Wafeeqrox

Wafeeqrox Bit poster

i really need opengl so i can use emulators such as rcps3,

19. ThomasL35

ThomasL35 Bit poster

+1 to the above.
    All of the carpenter CAD softwares use OpenGL 4.x
    Parallels crashes my program and does not allow it to run in Windows 10 anymore making both Windows, CAD and Parallels unusable.
    As I am time pressed by now I have to go Bootcamp which is not great and given that some posts are from '19 and the lack of official replies I have a feeling this issue won't be resolved any time soon.

Piebed likes this.
  20. YuanjianL

YuanjianL Bit poster

Really need OpenGL 4 support. I think Parallels Desktop's performance and convenience is great, but the OpenGL 4 problem drives me to VMWare.

Piebed likes this.