Mouse seems to triple click when clicking

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JoeM10, Feb 14, 2018.

1. JoeM10

JoeM10 Junior Member

When I click my mouse the cursor seems to blink 2 or 3 times effectively clicking the screen 2 or 3 times as well. For example if I click to check a check box the check box will tick and then untick straight away after only clicking once. It's almost like it's switching between the Mac and Windows mouse multiple times when I click.

I've tried changing the settings for optimising the mouse for games but it makes no difference. Drivers are up to date in Windows.

I feel like I'm posting in this forum constantly lately. Not impressed at all. Please can someone help?

2. JoeM10

JoeM10 Junior Member

Update: I ran the command 'defaults write com.apple.Dock workspaces-auto-swoosh -bool NO' in my macOS terminal to stop my mac from autoswtiching to every open Windows VM space when working with 3 monitors. I noticed that the triple/double mouse inout problem on occurred when the space for each monitor wasn't displaying Windows/Parallels. I.e, if I had my macbook screen in full screen macOS Chrome, one of my monitors on Parallels/Windows Visual Studio, and my other monitor on Parallels/Windows Chrome, and I click anywhere in my VM the problem occurred. When my macbook was also focused on the VM the problem didn't occur. Why is this?

Why do al 3 of my monitors have to be focused on Parallels for the mouse clicks to work correctly?

3. James Minnihan

James Minnihan Member

Whoa! This may explain my experience EXACTLY!!!! I have been complaining about the Parallels multiple monitor support for about a year now... I started seeing the mouse/trackpad clicking/moving on its own starting in one of the 13.1.x versions and it continues to this day in 13.2.0. What was the source for the 'defaults write...' command.

4. JoeM10

JoeM10 Junior Member

Nightmare - what do you mean by the source for the command?

5. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi Joe, sounds not right. I will create a support request directly to our Second Line Tech Support, they will contact you soon to help.

6. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

I've got the same problem. One mouse click = two mouse clicks. It screws up everything. Unusable.

7. EimantasU

EimantasU Bit poster

Literally having the same problem.

8. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

I had a similar problem, the mouse was effectively sending double clicks when using specific software (called Altium Designer). As far I knew other programs did not have the double mouse click - just Altium. I solved the problem by creating a new Parallels VM and migrating over. No problems since (fingers crossed).

Right now I'm running Parallels Desktop Version 14.1.2. I always keep Parallels up to date; in fact, I updated Parallels Desktop yesterday. No sure which version I was using when I had the double mouse click problem, but I checked my previous posts and I can see I posted about this on December 16th, 2018 - so I was likely using Parallels Desktop version 14.x.x

9. EimantasU

EimantasU Bit poster

My problem was XMOuse software that I forgot to turn off

10. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

XMOuse? I take it this isn't part of Windows or Parallels Desktop. True?