Parallels desktop 10: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by George Fidias, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi BillP5. Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (from the Finder menu, navigate to Go -> Utilities -> Terminal), execute the command --- prlsrvctl activate-license-online --- inside the Terminal window (again), wait till the operation completes, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.

2. BillP5

BillP5 Bit poster

Success! What changed in the half hour since I first tried that command, Hemnath? A little software update on your side to accept my license key?

3. FernandoL3

FernandoL3 Bit poster

My previous Mac was stolen and I need to activate my license on my new one. I'm getting the "this license is already in use...." message and when I try to activate my new Mac says "unable to confirm the product license" windows saying I already reached the maximum number of activations available... how can I move my license to my new Mac? Please help.

4. Hemnath@Parallels

We made some changes on the license, that's all.
    Hi FernandoL3. Please quit Parallels Desktop now, launch it again and re-attempt the activation.

FernandoL3 likes this.
  5. FernandoL3

FernandoL3 Bit poster

Awesome! is working now. Thank you!

6. Hemnath@Parallels

You are welcome! Pleasure assisting you. Please post again for any additional queries.

7. JamesK10

JamesK10 Bit poster

I had to reimage my mac, and now I can't install parallels because of "You have reached the maximum number of activations" :(

8. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @JamesK10 , we have made the changes. Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (from the Finder menu, navigate to Go -> Utilities -> Terminal), execute the command --- prlsrvctl activate-license-online --- inside the Terminal window (again), wait till the operation completes, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.

9. lem3

lem3 Bit poster

Hello, in 2016 I purchased two licenses for Parallels Desktop. After a recent clean installation of the operating system on one of the Macs I keep getting the message "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key. Please purchase a new product license." Any help?

10. StefanW11

StefanW11 Bit poster

Hello all. I have the same issue after installing Parallels Desktop on a new MacBook: "You have reached the maximum number of activations". A hard disk in my previous MacBook was erased so I cannot move the license. Could you make the changes to my license as well? Thank you for your support!

11. Hemnath@Parallels

Hi lem3. Please quit Parallels Desktop now, launch it again and re-attempt the activation.
    Hello there, StefanW11. Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (from the Finder menu, navigate to Go -> Utilities -> Terminal), execute the command --- prlsrvctl activate-license-online --- inside the Terminal window, wait till the operation completes, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.

12. JaehwanP

JaehwanP Bit poster

Hello,
    My laptop broke and when I attempted to install and activate Parallels 11 on my new computer I get the message "You have reached the maximum number of activations," even when I select the option to deactivate the license on my old computer and activate this new one. Your assistance would be much appreciated.

13. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the key. You can try to activate it again.

14. MichaelD28

MichaelD28 Bit poster

Hello,
    I got a new laptop and I'm getting the error: "You have reached the maximum number of activations." My old MacBook was wiped clean and os x was reinstalled. Can you please help. Thanks.

15. Arun@Parallels

Hello @MichaelD28 , Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (from the Finder menu, navigate to Go -> Utilities -> Terminal), execute the command --- prlsrvctl activate-license-online --- inside the Terminal window (again), wait till the operation completes, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.

16. StephenL8

StephenL8 Bit poster

Hello. I'm trying to install Parallels Desktop 10 onto a new computer. My previous computer "died" and I cannot de-activate Parallels on that computer. I, too, have received the message: "You have reached the maximum number of activations." Could you please help? Thank you!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  17. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

18. StephenL8

StephenL8 Bit poster

Ajith,
    It worked (after I used Terminal). Thank you!

19. KevinA3

KevinA3 Bit poster

I signed out or Parallels on my old Mac, tried to activate it on my new Mac and its telling me that the license is already in use. When I say "Activate on This Mac", it tells me "The have reached the maximum number of activations for your activation key......".

20. Arun@Parallels

Hi @KevinA3 , we have made the changes from our end. Please try to activate now.