Specify which programs use smart mouse?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JoeM10, Feb 16, 2018.

1. JoeM10

JoeM10 Junior Member

I'm using my VM to run AutoCad as well as developing WebGL programs. When using AutoCad the mouse is extremely quick and almost unusable. To solve this problem I have to set the smart mouse option to 'don't optimise'. However, I'm also developing a PointerLock WebGL application. When the smart mouse option is set to don't optimise I cannot use the WebGL application as the mouse is extremely erratic. To solve this I have to set the smart mouse option to 'auto optimise'.

My problem is that I want to optimise the mouse for the WebGL application, running in Chrome, and not optimise the mouse for AutoCad. There must be a way I can choose which programs to optimise the mouse for?

Thanks in advance

2. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi @JoeM10, if you set the mouse to 'Auto-detect for games', does the mouse work fine in either app?

3. JoeM10

JoeM10 Junior Member

'Don't optimise' works well for AutoCAD but doesn't work for WebGL applications. 'Auto Optimise' works well for WebGL applications but not well for AutoCAD.

Thanks

4. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Thanks! Can you please: set the mouse to 'Auto-detect for games' > open AutoCAD > send us a technical report via Help menu > Send Technical Data...
    Please post the report ID here. Also, what's the mouse that you're using? Apple's Magic Mouse?