Parallels Desktop do not start

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Martin_Mueller, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Martin_Mueller

Martin_Mueller Bit poster

Enviroment: OSX 10.10.4., PD 10.2.1

PD do not start sind installing 10.10.4, after a few seconds a dialog opens with Problem-ID:15381
    The solution provided by this link did not help, also the solution by http://kb.parallels.com/en/122832
    But starting prl_client_app in the terminal presents the following interesting line:

prl_client_app: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/QXPScriptingAdditions.osax" cannot be used with the current OS because it has no OSAXHandlers entry in its Info.plist

Please help, thank you in advance!

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Martin_Mueller,
    1. Run Terminal (open Finder and go to /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app), copy the line below into Terminal window and press Return/Enter:

sudo mv /usr/bin/codesign.bak /usr/bin/codesign

2. Enter your Mac user account password. You will not see characters, this is normal Terminal behavior. Just enter your password and press Return/Enter.

3. Start Parallels Desktop and let us know how it works.

3. Martin_Mueller

This didnt work, because there is no codesign.bak

mv: /usr/bin/codesign.bak: No such file or directory

Any futher ideas?

4. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Martin,
    Please try un-installing and re-installing Parallels Desktop and check how it goes.
    Note: Un-installing and re-installing Parallels Desktop will not affect your virtual machine.

5. Martin_Mueller

Hi!

Thank you for your answers - unfortunately none helped. I putted PD in the trashcan and emptied it. After that I tried to install PD (fresh download from parallels.com). I have to enter my password, after that again a message appears that PD could not be started (Problem ID 15380).

The solution provided by the link http://kb.parallels.com/114703 is not working, because I have no second user with ID 0.

daemon 1
    Guest 201
    martin 501
    nobody -2
    root 0

For sure I did Apples "repair privileges" but with no effect to PD.

Thanks for further answers.

6. marat_t

marat_t Pro

please attempt to install Parallels Desktop again and attach /var/log/install.log here

7. MichaelJ8

MichaelJ8 Bit poster

Hello. I have this same exact problem. Problem ID: 15381. There is no /usr/bin/codesign.bak file on my system. I did uninstall Parallels and reinstalled. Same problem after reinstall. Please assist.

8. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

In order to resolve the issue, please follow the steps.

9. StuartD1

StuartD1 Junior Member

and what if 'restricted' (step 3) is not returned by terminal..? how the flock does one contact the 'support team'...?
    following any of the leads on their site seems to be circulatory, without arriving at any destination...