Print to PDF (Mac Desktop) error

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DanaB, Feb 2, 2017.

1. DanaB

DanaB Bit poster

150589724 is my support ticket

When trying to print anything via Print to PDF (Mac Desktop), I get the following error as attached. The possible reason given does not apply, as we are talking simple one page texts that cannot print. I've done basic troubleshooting, restarting Windows, the Mac, both. I reinstalled Parallels Tools, deleted the printer entirely then reinstalled Parallels Tools. All with no affect. This feature is key to my workflow, so hopefully someone can offer a solution. Please note this happened in the middle of the afternoon workday yesterday, Feb 1, and was not after a beta version of Sierra was installed. I use this feature at least 20 times a day and this is the first time I have encountered this issue. All other printers work fine, including Microsoft PDF printing which can be saved to the Mac (with additional steps needed of course).

Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Version 12.1.3 (41532)
    Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 OS Build 14393.693
    Mac OS Sierra Version 10.12.4 Beta (16E144f)

Attached Files:

2. Hi,
    Are you having an issue with all apps or just with the specific one?

3. DanaB

DanaB Bit poster

Hello, this now happens on all Windows apps.

4. BillS1

BillS1 Bit poster

I am also having new problems with Print to PDF (Mac Desktop). Running latest Parallels desktop 12 for Mac with Windows 8.1 (all updates applied). With Quickbooks I do a batch print report which generates 21 pdf files. If the printer is paused, I get all 21 queued. Then if I resume the printer only a few show up as files on the desktop. If the printer is not paused, I get more but still not all. This is a new problem, but I'm not sure exactly what has changed, probably just the 12.1.3 update.

5. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Please let us know the Mac OS X version and when you have updated.

6. BillS1

BillS1 Bit poster

I am running OS X 10.11.6, and updated Parallels soon after the 12.1.3 update was available. I am pretty sure that I could print before the 12.1.3 update, and not afterwards. If I had the prior 12.1 update I would be happy to use it to verify if the problem occurs with it or not.

7. Anb how about Mac? Does the "print to PDF" work on the Mac side?

8. BillS1

BillS1 Bit poster

I do not understand your question since it is a Window printer. Prior to the last Parallels update, Windows apps would print multiple print jobs using Print to PDF and PDF files would appear on my Mac. Now only a few appear, most never show up. If I pause the Print to PDF printer in Windows I see all the jobs queued up. Then if I resume that printer the queue is drained without all the print jobs appearing on my Mac. Something has changed in the latest update to cause this problem.

9. MichaelR18

MichaelR18 Bit poster

Printer not working any longer since 10.12.4 Beta update. Conflict with 2820 driver, how can I install 2800 driver , that was working with 10.12.4, thanks

10. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi BillS1, you can check out this link and let us know how it works.

11. BillS1

BillS1 Bit poster

12.1.1 prints multiple pdf files correctly. I'll continue to use it for now. Thanks. Bill

12. MichaelR18

MichaelR18 Bit poster

Still no luck with 10.12.4 beta, same post script error

13. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Glad to hear that your printer issue has been resolved. Please feel to reach us anytime.

14. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hello MichaelR18, please install Parallels tools as suggested in the article and keep us posted.

15. MichaelR18

MichaelR18 Bit poster

still does not work, keeps the 2820 driver, worked with the 2800 driver, how do i remove the 2820 and reinstall the 2800? When i reinstall tools it keeps installing the latests 2820 driver that does not work, thanks.

16. BryanM2

BryanM2 Bit poster

@MichaelR18 Any resolution or fix? I'm having similar issues.