High Sierra, Windows 10 Coherence Not Working

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DataManGME, Mar 9, 2018.

1. DataManGME

DataManGME Bit poster

Hi,

I am running Mac OS 10.13.3 (High Sierra) on an iMac Pro with Parallels 13.3.0. I have numerous VM's. Windows 10 fails to show Win Start Menu in Coherence Mode. Here is what I have tried.
    1. Uninstall/reinstall Parallels Tools.
    2. Delete Parallels ~\Library folders and Applications folders. Restart. Allow rebuild of folders and then enter Coherence.
    3. Put ctfmon in Window start folder. Restart.
    4. Turn Auto Hide of Mac Dock off.
    Nothing has worked, this is unique to the Win 10 VM's as my Win 7 VM's work perfectly in Coherence mode. When I click on Win 10 menu in Dock or menu bar I get a delayed reaction of the menu box appearing, but is blank black or gray screen with flickering arrow cursor.

UPDATE(3/9/2018 9:50 AM EST): iMac Pro maybe the issue. I have no issues on my mid 2012 MacBook Pro. Only on the iMac Pro. Probably related to the graphics drivers or such.

win 10 menu.png

Anyone have any additional ideas, really miss Coherence mode as a multi screen developer.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  2. DataManGME

DataManGME Bit poster

Fixed! Upped the allocated video RAM and it appears to have cured the issue.

3. PhillipL2

PhillipL2 Bit poster

Hi DataManGME - Glad you fixed your iMac Pro Issue. I wanted to verify that you have indeed been running Parallels 13 successfully on an iMac Pro and that you believe my Windows Servers and Windows 10 and Linux Server Parallel VM's will work fine as long as they work fine on my MacBook Pro running High Sierra and latest Parallels as well? This would be huge. Thank you!!

4. DataManGME

DataManGME Bit poster

Mac OS 10.13.3 (High Sierra) on an iMac Pro with Parallels 13.3.0, same as the Mid 2012 MacBook Pro.

5. AnitaB1

AnitaB1 Bit poster

I fixed my issue now after a lot of debugging and trying. What fixed it was that I exited fullscreen mode after having disconnected from external displays, and voila I got it back. This should be mentioned on the support cases that parallels has for coherence mode not working og stoped working after update.

6. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @AnitaB1 , if you have contacted us, can you please share the ticket number with us.

7. AnitaB1

AnitaB1 Bit poster

Hi! I was referring to kB, I have only googled myself not submitted ticket. If it was mentioned in kB to exit fullscreen mode I would have fixed it faster. :) https://kb.parallels.com/en/123069

8. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Thank you very much for your feedback, we are glad that you issue has been resolved and we will share your feedback with our team.