After recent Windows update, screen is blank/black after login . . .

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by john39, Mar 4, 2018.

1. john39

john39 Bit poster

Is there an easy way to reinstall Windows on this VM (have a legit copy, but not installation discs) ?
    Using a Parallels utility, I did select an option to download/install windows 10, but it created another VM (without the programs I have already loaded).

Login seems normal (with the new windows background), however, after the stars finish circling around, the screen is blank/black. I have a cursor. Randomly clicking around, I was able to have a Norton security screen indicate that I am protected. However, after closing that window, not much else seems to be going on.

Any other ideas ?

2. RalleSPS

RalleSPS Bit poster

I have the same problem.
    After Updating Win10 1703 to 1709.
    Seems to be the parallels screen driver.
    I made some changes found in the internet, but nothing works fine.
    If I use "Restart windows in safe mode" win10 shows the main bar and hangs.
    I send information to parallels, but nothing help from this company, terrible!!!

3. It seems like the antivirus application is trying to block Parallels Desktop and the Windows virtual machine. Please disable/uninstall the antivirus application installed on your Mac, restart the Windows virtual machine and check for the issue.

4. RalleSPS

RalleSPS Bit poster

Thanks,
    I uninstalled avira, but nothing helps.
    Now I installed a new windows 10 from an Win-iso over the old windows 10.
    This works and this was also the rescue for my windows 10 licenze.
    The only one problem was, that I lost my ms-office, but I was lucky, that my activation-key works fine.