Parallels 13 can't install windows 10 home

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Mukey#, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Mukey#

Mukey# Bit poster

i try to install new windows and it keep having error message
    "Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this compuiter, restart the installation."
    i saw some of the post told to uncheck the express install but i can't find any express anywhere in Parallels 13... help :(

------------------------------------
    my Mac is Mac Sierra 10.12.6
    Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro13,3
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 8 MB
    Memory: 16 GB
    Boot ROM Version: MBP133.0226.B25
    SMC Version (system): 2.38f7

i'm trying to install windows 10 home 64bit

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Mukey# , you will have an option "Enter Windows activation key for faster installation" , please un check it and continue with the installation and let us know if that works.

3. AndreF3

AndreF3 Bit poster

I have this very same problem. Can you please tell me where do i have that option?? (printscreen please) Windows 10 just starts to install and before i get the error message i do not have that option in the screen.

4. AnthonyA5

AnthonyA5 Bit poster

i have the same problem also with parallels 13. check activation and even unchecked. exhausted all possible fixes.

also if possible could you give me steps in order to fix this issue. i mean probably more steps than just one or two

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi AnthonyA5, you can start the VM creation as mentioned here but when you are on the screen to select the ISO and continue to select "Locate Manually" then select "Continue without a source" then proceed to select Operating System.
    Choose the profile for your virtual machine.
    Give a name for the VM and create. You will get a no boot screen.
    Use Actions (on Mac menu bar) > Stop.
    Now you can see the empty VM on Parallels Desktop Control Center.
    Now you can mount the Windows 10 ISO and start the VM which will start Windows installation manually.
    Don't enter Windows key during installation select "I don't have a key". You can complete the activation after the installation is complete.

Mukey# likes this.
  6. Mukey#

Mukey# Bit poster

wow ! thanks ! i just try this today and it work perfectly ! <3

7. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Mukey# , glad that your issue is resolved. Please reach us anytime for further assistance.

8. robbino65

robbino65 Bit poster

Hello guys.... I tried to follow this guide BUT the installations stops every time in a situation like the one showed in the picture attached. Any tip?

Attached Files:

9. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Share us the complete screenshot. You will get this screen only after Windows installation is complete.