Outlook suddenly won't open and I'm getting a weird error message

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by littlejennyfoofoo, May 12, 2008.

1. littlejennyfoofoo

littlejennyfoofoo Bit poster

Hi,

I just installed Parallels on my new MacBook Pro. I'm running Windows XP Pro and Office 2007. Outlook was working fine for two weeks, then out of no where, it won't open. Parallels appears to be working fine - I can do other things - but when I try to open Outlook I get this message:

"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The folder \\.PSF\.Home\Documents\Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file."

Can someone please help me? I am so computer illiterate it's not funny and I've never blogged a tech question before...

Thanks,

Jen

2. Upton O'Good

Upton O'Good Member

That sounds like a Windows/Outlook issue. It sounds like your personal folders file has gotten corrupted somehow. This is one reason why you should take advantage of Parallel's "snapshot" feature so when this sort of thing happens, as it so often does, you can just go back to your most recent snapshot instead of losing everything.

This article on the Microsoft support site might be of some help to you.

3. littlejennyfoofoo

littlejennyfoofoo Bit poster

So, what do I do now? Do I need to reinstall MSFT operating system and office 2007? Do I reimport my pst file?

4. TirthankarB

TirthankarB Junior Member

I am also facing the same issue, hope these step works.
    Let me try once