Firefox doesn't work properly with my new iMac Pro

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by StephenM8, Mar 7, 2018.

1. StephenM8

StephenM8 Bit poster

Almost all websites that has internal search engines, like Expedia, Orbitz, Target, Amazon etc.. they don't work.. it just hangs when you try and search for a flight, a store.. whatever.. Any clue how to remedy this?

2. PhillipL2

PhillipL2 Bit poster

Thats a little of a bummer. Did you get that fixed and can you let me know other than this if you have successfully ran VM's on an iMac Pro? I can't even get an official testing and announcement of compatibility. Thank you.

3. StephenM8

StephenM8 Bit poster

still no luck.. I re-installed it and it seems to be getting worse.. It won't update any passwords either.. it will only do the one that it was originally on the machine when I transferred all of my data from my old iMac so even though I have changed passwords on many sites, it still populates the old one and then asks (do you want to update?) and I say yes and it never does.. Safari is fine, works on all, so I don't get what the deal is...Haven't tried VM's, so not sure there..

4. PhillipL2

PhillipL2 Bit poster

Ok, so I have some good news and a couple issues to solve yet but here is a Monday morning update. I just picked up base model machine iMac Pro yesterday and the VM's are running great so far and I can launch FireFox and Visual Studio within the Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 also runs fine. I can also launch FireFox in Mac OS X 13.3.3 just fine. FireFox version 58.02 64-bit straight from FireFox.com. The problems I still have is the disk space won't expand on one Windows 10 VM and I have more testing. I was able to finally install the Windows 2017 Fall Creator Update on and older Windows 10 VM which is awesome but I cannot expand that disk yet. But overall I am optimistic. Will report more shortly.

5. robbino65

robbino65 Bit poster

Hi Phillip: I've read you were able to install Win Server 2016? Is it true?

6. PhillipL2

PhillipL2 Bit poster

robinno65 - Yes I have and SQL Server equivalent. In fact here is a screenshot of my Control Center and what is running really well right now. I am using the current and latest Parallels. Setting the cores to all 8 on the iMac Pro is great as I can really bang on the application for testing without moving the memory pressure into unsafe territory. In fact I had Windows 10, Windows 2016 and Windows 2012 R2 all running at the same time and maxed out the system to 30GB via Activity Monitor but this amazes me. I really only need to run 1 at a time so I think we are set. Thank you Apple and Thank you Parallels. I am dumping my whole 4 machine KVM solution with tons of cables for this really cleaning up the space. Fingers Crossed.

Attached Files:

7. robbino65

robbino65 Bit poster

I still have problem installing WinServer 2016: it stops all times when creating the admin user...... the DOS window hangs :-(

8. PhillipL2

PhillipL2 Bit poster

My VM's have been setup for a long time now I just moved them to the iMac Pro so now you have me concerned on setting up a new VM. Huhm. Maybe I can try one in next few days.

9. TerryA2

TerryA2 Bit poster

Are you running Parallels desktop 13 and then installing server 2016?